Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Best place to have body work done??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best place to have body work done???

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    aye, thanks. worked with jim last time when the race car went in. sent jeff an email yesterday and will call tomorrow to set up appt.
    PLS let me know how it goes.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

good news. got her 2002 325it back from sab on friday. they got her in immediately and completed the car on sked. and it looks great. can't even tell the rear hatch and bumper were smooshed. paint match is perfect. jeff and tom were great to deal with!

still highly recommend springfield auto body. they are two for two with me.

marshall

glad to hear you were happy and we can still recommend SAB.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

I wonder if it depends on which person is doing the work. As I mentioned earlier, I'm 0 for 3 at Springfield Auto Body.

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    good news. got her 2002 325it back from sab on friday. they got her in immediately and completed the car on sked. and it looks great. can't even tell the rear hatch and bumper were smooshed. paint match is perfect. jeff and tom were great to deal with!

still highly recommend springfield auto body. they are two for two with me.

marshall
    What was you final bill? how much did you expect it to cost? Any info would be great.

~Blake

Quote Originally Posted by eoverly View Post
    I wonder if it depends on which person is doing the work. As I mentioned earlier, I'm 0 for 3 at Springfield Auto Body.
    I also did not have a very good experience there. I ended up taking my car to Euro Pro's, who found and corrected issues from the repair work done at Springfield Auto Body. Obviously, insurance company had to inspect the work and authorize and Euro Pro's documented and worked with the insurance to resolve everything.

I had to return to Springfield Auto Body to correct number of paint issue (the color matched very well, but there were so much dust and imperfections, they ended up wet sanding most of the car. While wet sanding does make things look better, it also reduces the thickness of the paint.

John

Got a few dents and scratches on my 04' 325. Any good body shop near Frederick or Rockville?

Master Crafters on Westmore Road in Rockville

See 2nd message in thread: Master Crafters on Westmore Road in Rockville.
    - John
    Gaithersburg, MD
    2000 Porsche C2
    1972 BMW 2002tii
    1992 Miata (SCCA SSM)

D&V Autobody

I've recently used D&V Autobody in Dulles twice and they are my favorite bodyshop now (over Springfield Auto Body and Wagonworks). Two perfect jobs. They were recommended to me by High Tech Auto. Their staff has been there for many years. dandvautobody.com

Ed Overly

After having used Master Crafters before with good results, I recently went to Springfield Auto Body for front right fender, front spoiler, and rear left bumper work, along with minor touch-up. The fender, spoiler, and bumper work has been done with good results, but I have to follow-up to get the minor touch-up work done, as they did not get to those items. I will follow-up with a more detailed report later after the touch-up work is done.

Master Crafters did this repaint, which I just picked up. Kenny, Romero and their guys just do absolutely great work, and I could not be happier. It's missing some trim as I'm letting the paint fully cure, but it is just immaculate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0018.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	1138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0015 (2).jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	1139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0014.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	1140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0020.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	1141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0016 (2).jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	1142

Has anyone used Elite in Jessup lately?
    I have used them for years with great satisfaction, but my last experience was several years ago and things can change. Shawn now runs the shop (Tony is gone) and I'm sure there has been shop labor turnover.

Any other recommendations closer to Annapolis than SAB?
    Dan Z, Annapolis, MD
    BMWCCA since 1986
    E30 E34 E39sport E46xit
    JC Sharked

Hello,

New here. I recently bought a 2007 328xi and the bumper was hit on the parking lot. I live in Germantown and was wondering if you know a place that can match the paint perfectly with a new bumper. The damage was a vertical scratch and a deep indentation at the bottom. I went to a body shop here locally in my area and was quoted $630 to refinish and paint the bumper.

Thank you.

I would not recommend elite. Took my camry there (insurance recommended) ended up going back 4 times to have things corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger3p View Post
    Hello,

New here. I recently bought a 2007 328xi and the bumper was hit on the parking lot. I live in Germantown and was wondering if you know a place that can match the paint perfectly with a new bumper. The damage was a vertical scratch and a deep indentation at the bottom. I went to a body shop here locally in my area and was quoted $630 to refinish and paint the bumper.

Thank you.
    that quote sounds like what most would charge for rear bumper work. as long as the place mixes their paint using up-to-date software, they'll just need your paint code. the more skilled body shops can even finish the paint (i.e. fade it, make it more dull, etc) to match the rest of the body panels
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information