Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Best place to have body work done??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best place to have body work done???

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Swooper View Post
    I was just checking out the website for Springfield Auto Body. It looks like they have a new manager. Are they still owned by the same people. Has anyone used them recently? If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks.
    Yes, they have a new Manager, but the owner is the same guy.
    It's Jim Scott.
    I recommend that you talk to him.
    He knows me well and he tries to take care of BMW CCA members.

My wife got a new 328xi and our son-in-law hit it.
    We took the car to Jim Scott and he made it look like new.
    So, yeah, we used him after he got the new Manager, and the quality of work is still outstanding.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes, they have a new Manager, but the owner is the same guy.
    It's Jim Scott.
    I recommend that you talk to him.
    He knows me well and he tries to take care of BMW CCA members.

My wife got a new 328xi and our son-in-law hit it.
    We took the car to Jim Scott and he made it look like new.
    So, yeah, we used him after he got the new Manager, and the quality of work is still outstanding.
    Barry
    Thanks for the quick response. I just called Springfield Auto Body and will be stopping by tomorrow for an estimate. I'll call them back tomorrow to make sure Jim will be there.

Hi

Thanks for the quick response. I just called Springfield Auto Body and will be stopping by tomorrow for an estimate. I'll call them back tomorrow to make sure Jim will be there.
    Please tell Jim I said "Hi."

Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

bodywork

I have not had good luck with Springfield Auto Body. I have gone there three times in the last two years and there has always been an issue with the work. The last time they had to repaint the hood twice- it came out splotchy the first time.

I then tried Wagon Work (3406 Jeff Davis Hwy). The first time things came out well- it was just a scratch on the bumper. The second time they actually damaged my car- they scratched a wheel, which they repaired, and I had to make several trips back before they got the headlight fixed right.

I regret to say I'm not happy with either place.

Smile Auto body estimates

I called Springfield Auto Body last week on Thursday or Friday & left a message for them to call me back. A week later & they still haven't called me. I went over to Rosslyn Auto Body near Lake Barcroft in Virginia yesterday & got a estimate of $1631.00 on the spot for my 1998 540i. We have done business with them before & have been pleased with the work. They started in 1937 in Rosslyn & are family-owned & operated. I was thinking about getting a second estimate from Wagonwork Collison to see how they stand in price comparison. However after reading the previous negative reply, I am now wondering if it is even worth it since they are much further from my Annandale residence. I know what kind of work Rosslyn does, but am getting mixed vibes on Wagonwork from the different posted replies.

Try Again

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcats64 View Post
    I called Springfield Auto Body last week on Thursday or Friday & left a message for them to call me back. A week later & they still haven't called me. I went over to Rosslyn Auto Body near Lake Barcroft in Virginia yesterday & got a estimate of $1631.00 on the spot for my 1998 540i. We have done business with them before & have been pleased with the work. They started in 1937 in Rosslyn & are family-owned & operated. I was thinking about getting a second estimate from Wagonwork Collison to see how they stand in price comparison. However after reading the previous negative reply, I am now wondering if it is even worth it since they are much further from my Annandale residence. I know what kind of work Rosslyn does, but am getting mixed vibes on Wagonwork from the different posted replies.
    You should try Springfield Auto Body again, but this time speak to Jim Scott and tell him Barry referred you.
    Good Luck,
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

In with one...out with another

I took my car to Springfield Autobody to have some deep scratches fixed. They replaced the panel and the paint seems to match well. When I picked up the car, I noticed some slight imperfections. They wetsanded them out and it looks pretty good now.

However, I also found a new scratch on the car that I'm pretty sure was not on the car before. It is on the hood, right in my field of view, so I probably would have seen it before I dropped the car off and it was deep enough to catch a fingernail. They wetsanded that too and it looks much better, but you can still see it.

Jim

I took my car to Springfield Autobody to have some deep scratches fixed. They replaced the panel and the paint seems to match well. When I picked up the car, I noticed some slight imperfections. They wetsanded them out and it looks pretty good now.

However, I also found a new scratch on the car that I'm pretty sure was not on the car before. It is on the hood, right in my field of view, so I probably would have seen it before I dropped the car off and it was deep enough to catch a fingernail. They wetsanded that too and it looks much better, but you can still see it.
    Call Jim Scott there. He's the owner and tell him I referred you to him.
    He'll take care of any problems you have.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

Wagonwerk gets my vote, I used them in the past and found that they did a fantastic job for the money.

hey Barry,
    Jim still the POC at SAB? wife's 325it just got hit from behind........

marshall

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    hey Barry,
    Jim still the POC at SAB? wife's 325it just got hit from behind........

marshall
    Yep.
    Good Luck!
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

I dealt with Jeff at SAB...good guy.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Wagonwork was great a decade ago. These days, they are decent, but no better than that. And you get the privilege of paying way more and waiting far longer. In particular, their paintwork isn't NEARLY as good as it used to be.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    I dealt with Jeff at SAB...good guy.
    Jeff is who you should talk to if Jim Scott is not available.
    Jeff is a good guy.
    Just tell them I referred you.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Jeff is who you should talk to if Jim Scott is not available.
    Jeff is a good guy.
    Just tell them I referred you.
    Barry
    aye, thanks. worked with jim last time when the race car went in. sent jeff an email yesterday and will call tomorrow to set up appt.

Thread Information