Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Need Advice on Local upholstery shops for Leather seats

Thread: Need Advice on Local upholstery shops for Leather seats

Need Advice on Local upholstery shops for Leather seats

Hello Gang!

I just signed up for this forum and am pleased to see a lot of names that I recognize. I also belong to some international forums, but this project is one that I want to tackle locally, so I am here asking for help. I look forward to using this forum more in the future.

I am trying to have a set of Recaro SRD's upholstered in black leather for my 1991 M3. I want to use someone that is very detail oriented and in close enough proximity to Northern VA that I do not have to ship the seats anywhere.

Anita Patten had given me a business card for a gentleman in Leesburg that had done some really nice work for her. I have unfortuneately lost the card.

If anybody can help, please PM me or email me @ willyalutz@aol.com

Thank you!

Willy Lutz

I would recommend Metro leather in Sterling - Just behind BMW of Sterling. I do like their service and work.

Contact Roland - 703.929.1936

Thank you. I will check them out.

Best,

~Willy

I checked with Metro Leather today. They only do repair work, not full upholstery. Roland was kind enough to give me a few leads for area auto upholsterers. I will post more for informational purposes when I get something solid together.

I am still searching out shops if anybody knows of a good auto upholstery shop that specializes in leather. I want to canvas the area and know all my options before I spend $$$$.

Thanks!

~Willy

Hmmm - ok I didn't know they didn't do the whole thing. Best of luck! Will be good to know what you find.

I've used Seatco in Bailey's Crossroads (talk to Neil 703-931-4800) and Lim's in Tysons Corners 703-893-7373.
    Bill Riblett

BMWCS3,

Do you have a preference between the 2 shops that you have informed me of? What were your experiences? What type of work did you have done?

Thanks!

~Willy

Further to the last thread posted by Willy Lutz, wonder if anyone can recommend any shops in the Central Maryland area including Howard, Anne Arundel, Baltimore counties? I have a 1989 635 CSI with "comfort seats" which need re-stuffing. I'd opt to replace the comfort seats with Recaro sport seats but I'm thinking the costs may be prohibitive. Thanks for any tips.

I have used Jaime Zarate in Rockville with great results. He works on his own and is very good. I saw a set of Recaros he had redone and they looked excellent. 703-589-6234.

Recovering BMW seats

Thanks very much; I'll try to "Google" Mr. Zarate to find his exact location.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW0299 View Post
    I have used Jaime Zarate in Rockville with great results. He works on his own and is very good. I saw a set of Recaros he had redone and they looked excellent. 703-589-6234.

Thread Information