Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Drivers School Coordinator assistant needed

Thread: Drivers School Coordinator assistant needed

Drivers School Coordinator assistant needed

We are looking for someone to handle the position of a Drivers School Coordinator's assistant.

If you can tell time and keep things on schedule, you probably qualify.
    Basically it's to keep the school running on time.
    I would like it to be someone familar with driving schools.
    Work with the chief instructor, chief of control.
    Make announcements, getting people on and off the track on time.
    You need to be there all day Saturday and Sunday.
    8:00 AM until the last car is off the track. Rain or shine.

Depending on how many people can offer support, maybe we can have one person a weekend.
    Remember, this club is run by volunteers.
    No volunteers = no events.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

a) Do you get ANY track time?

b) If this is a one weekend per year thing, I would be interested, but with my travel schedule, I can't make all the events or even most of them.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone
    a) Do you get ANY track time?

b) If this is a one weekend per year thing, I would be interested, but with my travel schedule, I can't make all the events or even most of them.
    Unfortunately there would be no track time. At least not on the day you would be working. I asked.

We would consider someone covering for just one event. That person would need to commit months ahead. It's difficult to find a replacement a week before an event. If I am around I would cover but there are weekends when I'm at another track.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Is it possible to work out the same volunteer deal as corner-workers, i.e. that for each day/weekend you coordinate, you get a free day towards a drivers' school later in the year or next year?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Is it possible to work out the same volunteer deal as corner-workers, i.e. that for each day/weekend you coordinate, you get a free day towards a drivers' school later in the year or next year?
    We have discontinued the corner work program. It wasn't working. We never knew if people were going to show up and we want people with more experience. We will allow those who have credits to use them prorated. We'll come up with something that is fair.

We may be able to come up with something. I don't know if it would be a one for one deal though but I'll discuss it with the DSSC and board.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Good, I have one credit on the books, or I should.

So how are you rewarding corner workers?

WRT committing, I can commit a couple of months ahead, and be pretty much locked in. But since I haven't been running NCC schools, for various reasons, I would prefer to get something out of it. Half off a weekend and a guaranteed late sign up spot?
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW

Good, I have one credit on the books, or I should.

So how are you rewarding corner workers?
    I'm thinking 1 credit will be worth 1/3 of the cost of one day since 3 credits got you one day. I think you have 2 years to 'redeem' credits, but I would need to check on that.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

330x would like to help

I am interested in helping with the drivers' school and the highway safety school. Pretty much an help I can provide.

I been a corner worker a couple of times, and If I do not hear otherwise, will continute to volunteer in this way.

I am not available all days, but If I know well ahead, I can often make arrangements.

Please let me know.
    wwj

Quote Originally Posted by 330x
    I am interested in helping with the drivers' school and the highway safety school. Pretty much an help I can provide.

I been a corner worker a couple of times, and If I do not hear otherwise, will continute to volunteer in this way.

I am not available all days, but If I know well ahead, I can often make arrangements.

Please let me know.
    Thank you. We will remain in touch.
    It was decided to no longer using volunteer corner workers.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

So are they paid now? How much?
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW

So are they paid now? How much?
    That is to be determined.
    We would like to use SCCA workers supplemented with BSR workers.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Good luck. SCCA is having a hard time with workers due to proliferation of events.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW

After this weekend's drivers' school we can still use help.
    Since there may not be people who want the responsibility of a title.

This is how you can help.
    We need someone to keep the school running on schedule.
    5 or 10 minutes before each class or run session someone needs to make an announcement. That's it. But a very important job since that is one less thing the chief instructor or coordinator has to worry about.

You would need to be there from 8:00 am till 5:00 pm. Rain or shine.
    It would be best if you can make each event.
    We will provide a meal ticket for lunch and plenty of sun (hopefully).

We can also use someone at pitout.
    This position would require someone with a little more driving school experience. Someone who appreciates the need for corner workers. Responsibility would be start end end each session. Pace cars going out at the start and during the session.

Without volunteers we can not host events.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 04-03-2006 at 01:05 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information