Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for suggestions for a paint shop in the DC Metro Region

Thread: Looking for suggestions for a paint shop in the DC Metro Region

Looking for suggestions for a paint shop in the DC Metro Region

I'm looking at getting either paint restoration or new paint for my 1990 M3 in Zinnoberrot Red, if anyone has a recommendation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike M.

The DC Metro Region is immense, so I'm not sure where you't located. The most recent recommendations were for Euro Pros in Gaithersburg or D&V Autobody in Dulles.
    I don't think Zinnober was originally clear-coated, so if it's just faded/oxidized a pro polishing can make it look like new. There are good detailers on both sides of the river, so your location can help us direct you.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thanks for responding. I live in the Fairfax, VA area. I've used Pro Clean in Tyson's a couple of times, with good results but that was more of a detail shop. I have some fading, cracking of the rear spoiler, and scratches along the door edge. The hood is fading a bit. I would like to try to restore before biting the bullet on a full paint job.

Brian Lewis at American Shine or Darryl Nichols at Odd's & Ends, both off Rt. 28 in Dulles/Sterling area, offer paint correction that can do wonders with fading & many scratches. Obviously deep scratches & cracks would be dealt with differently - Kevin at D&V could help you with that.

https://www.americanshinedetailing.com/
    http://www.oddsandendsdetailing.com/
    http://www.dandvautobody.com/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Great advice. I’ll check them out. Thanks.

Darryl and Odds and Ends have a close relationship with D&V. You can drop the car with Darryl and he can coordinate any work that might be required at D&V. One stop shopping. Makes it easier to deal with one shop and one point of contact vs. several.

Just my .02.
    FLi GLi
    '95 M3 (track build in progress)
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    '06 325xiT (hauler; winter beater)
    5 (hauler)

Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information