Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Best gas lift struts for my E91 LCI's tailgate?

Thread: Best gas lift struts for my E91 LCI's tailgate?

Question Best gas lift struts for my E91 LCI's tailgate?

The gas struts that lift the tailgate of my 2011 E91 LCI gave out when I tried to open the gate to load nine computer displays, two laptop computers, and one desktop computer. On last week's hottest day.

So it's time for new struts. Fortunately, I've done this fix before (on a different car). Does anyone have any recommendations or advice? The official BMW part is expensive (I know... knock me over with a feather...) but I've read that BMW buys from Stabilus like most automakers do. Is BMW's part the best? Is Stabilus' as good? Is there a better alternative to either?

Stabilus makes struts for many manufacturers, as you've stated. They should be fine. If you purchase them from FCPEuro they are covered by their lifetime replacement plan. Here's a link - make sure they fit your application!
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...402058#fitment
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information