Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/20/2018 - Great Pie Run XXI

Thread: 05/20/2018 - Great Pie Run XXI

Hybrid View

05/20/2018 - Great Pie Run XXI

GREAT PIE RUN XXI
    Depart 9:30 am
    May 20, 2018
    Details to follow.

Register here.

I will be there. Love the Pies!!!

Why there is a $5 fee for tours now? We never had to pay for PIE run

Also, why this year we're meeting at the orchard instead of driving there as a group?

Quote Originally Posted by NickE345spd View Post

Also, why this year we're meeting at the orchard instead of driving there as a group?
    Hi, it's only $5, I don't get why you're making it seem like such a big amount. If we never had to pay I can understand your concern but I do feel $5 is pretty much nothing and it goes towards them helping organizing the tours etc. You do know they drive the route in advance to make sure the road is in good shape? We can't expect them to do that and then it be completely free. Sorry, just my opinion because $5 is really nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by NickE345spd View Post

Cost for driving the route multiple times (paying mileage to tourmeisters for wear/tear on their car), documenting/updating instructions, and printing costs for hard copy routes. But most importantly, its a fee that hopefully will keep people committed to the event so that we have a good headcount to give to the restaurants, locations, etc. If we charge nothing, we almost always have more no-shows than partcipants.

In all the years that we've done the Pie Run, I can only think of 2-3 times that we did NOT start from Thurmont. Last year was first time we ran the route in reserve and ended up at CMO.
    Last edited by pseto; 05-14-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by meganlin View Post
    Hi, it's only $5, I don't get why you're making it seem like such a big amount. If we never had to pay I can understand your concern but I do feel $5 is pretty much nothing and it goes towards them helping organizing the tours etc. You do know they drive the route in advance to make sure the road is in good shape? We can't expect them to do that and then it be completely free. Sorry, just my opinion because $5 is really nothing.
    I simply asked why there is a fee now. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Cost for driving the route multiple times (paying mileage to tourmeisters for wear/tear on their car), documenting/updating instructions, and printing costs for hard copy routes. But most importantly, its a fee that hopefully will keep people committed to the event so that we have a good headcount to give to the restaurants, locations, etc. If we charge nothing, we almost always have more no-shows than partcipants.

In all the years that we've done the Pie Run, I can only think of 2-3 times that we did NOT start from Thurmont. Last year was first time we ran the route in reserve and ended up at CMO.
    Thank you Paul, appreciate the explanation for both of my questions.

I'll be up in the thurmont area on saturday... if any of the tourmeisters wants some help checking part of the route in frederick county, send me an e-mail.

Paul is absolutely right. Those who pay even $5 are more likely committed to the event. Even at $5.00.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Why are there such few M cars coming? Also overall? There were more cars for the spring tour & this is more fun! Low turnout!

Just 2 more hours until registration closes. We are currently at 23 cars (more than 1/3 are //M cars) and 36 attendees. Keep those registrations coming!
    Enzianblau 2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4

For those who have not yet registered via motorsportreg.com please do so immediately. A Simple "Going" ain't gonna cut it!
    Enzianblau 2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4

The pie run was fun but I have a suggestion for future tours. I think when we are leaving the meeting point, the lead car/organizer should wait on the side of the road to ensure everyone is lined up and ready to roll. This past Sunday, the tourmeister left immediately after leaving the orchard and did not wait at all for all the cars. I understand if cars get split up along the drive which is perfectly fine BUT you should at least wait for everyone at the start. If you just go for it right at the beginning, everyone is already split up. That just makes no sense at all. People might as well have gone on this drive alone. The whole point of going as a club is we try and stay together - mind you, I know cars get separated throughout the drive but at least start together. For instance there was a couple of people inside the orchard and the tourmeister had already left. Bob who organized the spring tour did a great job of keeping the pack together and allowed who ever wanted to go fast ahead. But he would always slow down to make sure we did not lose people. All I'm saying is make sure everyone is good to go at the start, there is no point in just leaving while people are not ready.

Thread Information