Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 05/20/2018 - Great Pie Run XXI

                  
   
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    495

    05/20/2018 - Great Pie Run XXI

    GREAT PIE RUN XXI
    Depart 9:30 am
    May 20, 2018
    Details to follow.



    Register here.

  2. #2
    I will be there. Love the Pies!!!

  3. #3
    Why there is a $5 fee for tours now? We never had to pay for PIE run

    Also, why this year we're meeting at the orchard instead of driving there as a group?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by NickE345spd View Post
    Why there is a $5 fee for tours now? We never had to pay for PIE run

    Also, why this year we're meeting at the orchard instead of driving there as a group?
    Hi, it's only $5, I don't get why you're making it seem like such a big amount. If we never had to pay I can understand your concern but I do feel $5 is pretty much nothing and it goes towards them helping organizing the tours etc. You do know they drive the route in advance to make sure the road is in good shape? We can't expect them to do that and then it be completely free. Sorry, just my opinion because $5 is really nothing.

  5. #5
    Senior Member pseto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    4,755
    Quote Originally Posted by NickE345spd View Post
    Why there is a $5 fee for tours now? We never had to pay for PIE run

    Also, why this year we're meeting at the orchard instead of driving there as a group?
    Cost for driving the route multiple times (paying mileage to tourmeisters for wear/tear on their car), documenting/updating instructions, and printing costs for hard copy routes. But most importantly, its a fee that hopefully will keep people committed to the event so that we have a good headcount to give to the restaurants, locations, etc. If we charge nothing, we almost always have more no-shows than partcipants.

    In all the years that we've done the Pie Run, I can only think of 2-3 times that we did NOT start from Thurmont. Last year was first time we ran the route in reserve and ended up at CMO.
    Last edited by pseto; 05-14-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

    2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

    Check out our NCC Facebook Page

  6. #6
    Senior Member 1996 328ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    3,409
    Paul is absolutely right. Those who pay even $5 are more likely committed to the event. Even at $5.00.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

    318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by meganlin View Post
    Hi, it's only $5, I don't get why you're making it seem like such a big amount. If we never had to pay I can understand your concern but I do feel $5 is pretty much nothing and it goes towards them helping organizing the tours etc. You do know they drive the route in advance to make sure the road is in good shape? We can't expect them to do that and then it be completely free. Sorry, just my opinion because $5 is really nothing.
    I simply asked why there is a fee now. Relax.

    Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Cost for driving the route multiple times (paying mileage to tourmeisters for wear/tear on their car), documenting/updating instructions, and printing costs for hard copy routes. But most importantly, its a fee that hopefully will keep people committed to the event so that we have a good headcount to give to the restaurants, locations, etc. If we charge nothing, we almost always have more no-shows than partcipants.

    In all the years that we've done the Pie Run, I can only think of 2-3 times that we did NOT start from Thurmont. Last year was first time we ran the route in reserve and ended up at CMO.
    Thank you Paul, appreciate the explanation for both of my questions.

  8. #8
    I'll be up in the thurmont area on saturday... if any of the tourmeisters wants some help checking part of the route in frederick county, send me an e-mail.

  9. #9
    Why are there such few M cars coming? Also overall? There were more cars for the spring tour & this is more fun! Low turnout!

  10. #10
    Junior Member scpera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Laytonsville, MD
    Posts
    20
    Just 2 more hours until registration closes. We are currently at 23 cars (more than 1/3 are //M cars) and 36 attendees. Keep those registrations coming!
    2008 Daytonagrau Audi RS4

  11. #11
    Junior Member scpera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Laytonsville, MD
    Posts
    20
    For those who have not yet registered via motorsportreg.com please do so immediately. A Simple "Going" ain't gonna cut it!
    2008 Daytonagrau Audi RS4

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Chapter Event 03/24/2018 - Spring 2018 New Member Reception/Open House
    By webmaster in forum Social
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2018, 04:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2018, 10:06 PM
  3. Chapter Event 06/22/2018 - 06/24/2018 - NCC HPDE Summit Point, Jefferson Circuit
    By jasonschiavone in forum HPDE sponsored by Specr53.com
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2017, 10:37 AM
  4. Chapter Event 05/11/2018 - 05/13/2018 - NCC HPDE Summit Point, Main Circuit
    By jasonschiavone in forum HPDE sponsored by Specr53.com
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 09:51 AM
  5. Chapter Event 11/15/2017 - 01/31/-2018 - official 2018 ncc wall calendar sale
    By webmaster in forum Social
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2017, 08:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •