Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Where to rent a DIY garage

Thread: Where to rent a DIY garage

Where to rent a DIY garage

I really like working on my cars myself, but having recently moved into DC I don't have a space to do so anymore. Several friends are in the same situation. What we'd really love to find somewhere in the MD/DC/VA area is a garage we can use on the weekends with a lift.

I'm not fortunate enough to be friends with anyone who has a lift, and I'd like to be able to access the space at any time. Does anyone know about any places like this? It seems like a simple idea, but impossible to find so far. Do any shops rent space out on the weekends? Maybe there are some defunct shops spaces for rent? At this point I'm even looking into buying an industrial lot somewhere and building a garage with a lift on top. Seems doable for under 100k, although maybe banks don't give out mortgages for such things.

there are none in this area that's open to the public. if you're military, some of the bases have them
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by corcovado View Post
    I really like working on my cars myself, but having recently moved into DC I don't have a space to do so anymore. Several friends are in the same situation. What we'd really love to find somewhere in the MD/DC/VA area is a garage we can use on the weekends with a lift.

I'm not fortunate enough to be friends with anyone who has a lift, and I'd like to be able to access the space at any time. Does anyone know about any places like this? It seems like a simple idea, but impossible to find so far. Do any shops rent space out on the weekends? Maybe there are some defunct shops spaces for rent? At this point I'm even looking into buying an industrial lot somewhere and building a garage with a lift on top. Seems doable for under 100k, although maybe banks don't give out mortgages for such things.
    Where are you in the DMV? I have always rented small-ish garages to complete my personnel work in, but they have never had a lift. I have never needed a lift. I would doubt a bank would expose itself enough to finance an 'industrial' lot, but it never hurts to ask or research.

I would be interested in possibly sharing a space amongst multiple people, kind of a garage co-op. I currently have a single car garage right now, but wouldn't mind getting into a bigger space with a few solid people.
    2011 BMX X5 Xdrive50i - Side skirts
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L V8 - Wife's Truck - BT Catch can
    1995 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 V8 LX - Large rear sway bar, 12" Alpine R Sub, Sport wheels
    1984 Ford F250 Diesel - Turbo kit, captains chairs, larger tires, in process of doing head studs and a host of other mods

that is something I would like to know more about, any in columbia area

Thread Information