Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Dan's list of local repair shops
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan's list of local repair shops

Hybrid View

Last edited by 1996 328ti; 10-18-2010 at 04:14 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

If anyone has any updates, I'm happy to add them. (I need to add RRT and some other info... Car maintenance has been taking precedence over web maintenance, lately.)

To report or not report?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    If anyone has any updates, I'm happy to add them. (I need to add RRT and some other info... Car maintenance has been taking precedence over web maintenance, lately.)
    Two comments on shops. First Auto Advantage is now "Advantage Certified" and I have recently had several excellent experiences with them. I can go into more detail if anyone likes, but I would recommend them based on my experience.

The second comment is actually a question (and the reason I went to Advantage). Briefly, I went to a local independent who advertises in db and who was recommended by another NCC member. I had an *awful* experience with them, including bad advice, incomplete jobs, lack of knowledge about my car ('98 540i), "fixes" that caused other problems, and difficulty in getting warranty work done. I ended up going to Advantage and they were very straightforward, honest (including inviting me into the shop to see particular problems myself), reasonably priced, and they actually fixed all the problems (and found obvious others that the first shop missed).

So, here is my question. Do I leave it alone and attribute my bad experience to luck? To me? Or do I let other NCC members know about it? I wouldn't want others to have the same bad (and expensive) experience I had but recognize that I am an n=1 of my interaction may not be representative of how this shop does business.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Psi5
    So, here is my question. Do I leave it alone and attribute my bad experience to luck? To me? Or do I let other NCC members know about it? I wouldn't want others to have the same bad (and expensive) experience I had but recognize that I am an n=1 of my interaction may not be representative of how this shop does business.

Thoughts?
    Feel free to express your opinion about your experience.
    Everyone has had good and bad experiences from the same independent or dealer.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I know this post is kinda old but any info on RRT for service work?
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bwalter0822 View Post
    I know this post is kinda old but any info on RRT for service work?
    RRT does very good work and run by BMW enthusiasts.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    RRT does very good work and run by BMW enthusiasts.
    Second this, nothing but great experiences with RRT on multiple occasions/cars. Very knowledgeable, reasonable rates, true enthusiasts.

Thanks guys! Im glad to hear you all have had a good experience with RRT. I will have to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by bentone View Post
    Second this, nothing but great experiences with RRT on multiple occasions/cars. Very knowledgeable, reasonable rates, true enthusiasts.

Yea, Bill is no longer at J&F. And thanks for the list!
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Yea, Bill is no longer at J&F.
    Where is he now?
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA
    Where is he now?
    I want to say the Tidewater area of VA but I'm not sure.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Bill Brochu is somewhere in Tidewater with his brothers I believe.
    Gary ex-spinmeister
    "Drift it, but don't spin..." Tanner Foust, Fed Ex 10/29/06

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA
    Where is he now?
    He went to work for Terry Baker in VA Beach. I believe it's Atlantic Autowerks.

Kevin

So, is there anyone we "like" at J&F these days? I haven't been there in ~8 years. I have old cars, so that might make a difference.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Banned
    Yes there is and actually it is a better shop than J&F ever was. Problem is they aren't taking any new customers. Shop is great for older cars especially E30's and M's.

Thread Information