Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Other Event 10/07/2017 - 10th Annual Vienna Oktoberfest

Thread: 10/07/2017 - 10th Annual Vienna Oktoberfest

Hybrid View

10/07/2017 - 10th Annual Vienna Oktoberfest

10th Annual Vienna Oktoberfest

https://www.viennaoktoberfest.org/
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

The Town of Vienna is interested in having some classic German cars at this event. We have been invited, along with the Porsche & Mercedes-Benz clubs, to display in a lot near the town green & W&OD Trail. This won’t be a judged sort of affair, just a super relaxed get together - a chance to enjoy some good food and drink, swap some lies and let other folks enjoy our old cars.

The following link is to Google maps, showing where we will be parking during the event. This parking lot has some built-in barriers that will help to keep folks from just wandering through our set-up. There is a a low-rise office building on one side (with tuck-under parking), and the W&OD trail on the other (with a fence). Access to the lot can come from Church Street, and we can exit out of the back of the lot across the Vienna Inn parking lot onto Maple Avenue, thus not have to worry about driving through Oktoberfest folks on Church Street. There is actually some covered parking under the building and we should have room for a tent of two at the entrance to Church Street, which will act as a natural entry point to our little show. We can start showing up around 10:00 AM and folks can start leaving around 3:00. The town encouraged us to stay up until the end at 7:00, but realistically most folks will be leaving between 2:00 and 3:00 PM, unless of course the beer, food and bands are really good! We're not exactly sure how many cars we can get into this lot, but there should be room for ~40, allowing 12-15 from each club.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/12...!4d-77.2654461

Feel free to post in this thread if you plan to attend, so we can get an idea of numbers.
    Thanks,
    John McWilliams
    NCC concours program
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    The Town of Vienna is interested in having some classic German cars at this event.
    I'm under no illusion that my 2011 E91 is a "classic" (but I love it just the same and am glad to have it repaired and back on the road where it should be) but I can't help but wonder what is considered a "classic BMW" for show purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesAustin View Post
    ... but I can't help but wonder what is considered a "classic BMW" for show purposes?
    20-25 years old. If you're available that day, please attend! As this is the first time Vienna has done this, we're making up the rules as we go!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

20-25 years old. If you're available that day, please attend! As this is the first time Vienna has done this, we're making up the rules as we go!
    <sigh>

I'm more than twice that old, but my car is only six years and four months old... But you have to be 65 to be considered a classic human... Maybe if I tuned myself...

And that event conflicts with the Ladies' DIY at BMW Annapolis, which I'm trying to get in to if they have any leftover slots. I plan to celebrate Malcolm's recovery by starting on the bulb upgrade I've only been thinking about for a year and a half...

Dave Miller with the Porsche club spoke with some members from Vienna Town Council over the weekend. They are very much looking forward to having us join their festivities. They made keychains for all us and will be having a “people's choice” award.

Please get the word out - these guys not only want this to be a good event, they are looking forward to making our old buggies a big part of their Oktoberfest going forward.

Dave took a closer look at the parking lot. We can make the entrance from Church St. as our front door, where we can put tents & any other tables we want to set up, and folks can get out at the back of the parking lot & across the Vienna Inn parking lot & out at Maple Ave., not having to go back on Church St.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I’m planning on attending!

Are E36s included even with a '99 model year? Mine has a NCC sticker on it :-)
    Stephen (Arlington)
    '02 M5
    '99 M3
    '92 Nissan 300zx TT
    '02 Nissan Xterra

Quote Originally Posted by CRIM5ON View Post
    Are E36s included even with a '99 model year?
    Bring it!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

John, I was planning on going to the octoberfest, but I just saw this, so I'll bring my E31 if the weather cooperates. I heard it was going to rain. Do you want me to post this to the facebook site? I just happened to notice this here when i was looking for DIY info.

Quote Originally Posted by gmufiji12 View Post
    John, I was planning on going to the Oktoberfest, but I just saw this, so I'll bring my E31 if the weather cooperates. I heard it was going to rain. Do you want me to post this to the facebook site?
    Do not think rain! Re: Facebook - there is only room for 10-12 cars from each club, so while I want the word to get out I don't want those that aren't able to display to be disappointed.

Hopefully this map link comes through which shows where they want us to come in and out if the lot. Here is a description of the link does not work. Also they have asked for a car count so if you plan to attend please let me know.

They want us to enter the lot from Rt 123. Coming from Tysons. Just after the light for the W and OD trail there is a small narrow driveway that runs just beside an old antique store. Turn right into this driveway. If you get to the Vienna Inn you have gone too far. Go back to this driveway and you will see the parking lot where they want us to park. Dave Miller will get down there early on Sat morning and set up some signs. Coming from Oakton you will want to take the first left that you can just after the Vienna Inn and before the bike path.

ENTRANCE STREET VIEW:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/13...!4d-77.2642541

MAP: Look for the entrance at the blue arrow on the right of the page… Many people also use GPS, so enter 134 East Maple Avenue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails street vendor 2017 auto classics.pdf  
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Also they have asked for a car count so if you plan to attend please let me know.
    I'm planning to be there (rain or shine)!
    Stephen (Arlington)
    '02 M5
    '99 M3
    '92 Nissan 300zx TT
    '02 Nissan Xterra

Thread Information