Thread: 11/11/2017 - Great Pie Run XX

11/11/2017 - Great Pie Run XX

GREAT PIE RUN XX
    Depart 9:30 am
    November 11, 2017
    We will begin at Wilson Farms Meat Co. in Catlett, Va.* They have been a family run business for 60 years.** They sell every part of the cow, lamb and pig.* All meats are cut to order.* This is a great opportunity to pick up some great aged meat for the holidays.* Maya, the owner, is a joy to deal with and is quick witted.* Donít take her jabs seriously, she is only joking.*
    Wilson's is a CASH ONLY business.* No checks are accepted unless you are an established customer.* It is highly recommended that you place your order in advance, especially if you want a custom cut.* The store front is quite small and they will keep things moving.* So know what you want before you get to the counter.* The meat will be packaged individually wrapped and then boxed tied with butcherís string.* You will definitely need to bring a cooler.* Everyone I have spoken to stated the meat made it home with no ice coverage.* If you want peace of mind there is also a place at the Exxon station about a 1/2 mile before you get to Wilson's to pick up ice.* The cut off date for ordering and ordering custom cuts is November 08th.* I will send order form via email if you contact me: alivingston@nccbmwcca.org
    Next stop is Catoctin Mountain Orchard in Thurmont, MD. As always all persons are welcome to attend, whether a member or non-member (get those non-members to become members).
    Catoctin Mountain Orchard in Thurmont, Va.* www.catoctinmountainorchard.com* We have been here so many times do I really need to repeat myself.* A few of us have been known to leave CMO w/ 12+ pies.* CMO is a mom & pop operation specializing in homemade pies,* either baked or frozen.* They also have fresh fruits, preserves, jams, jellies, dressings and cider and BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.** YOU MUST TRY THE APPLE CIDER!!!
    Note: *I highly recommend ordering your pies ahead of time since we are a large group.* The pies can be ordered freshly baked or frozen.* Some people do bring a cooler with them to keep their pies from sliding around in the trunk, especially since we have a lot more fun driving to do.* When you place your order, reference the "BMW group".* The pies range in price from $8.95-$10.95. Check their site for the different types of pie.
    IMPORTANT:* The deadline for calling or emailing orders for pies is Thursday, November 08th.* Popular pies I like:* Apple Walnut, Strawberry, Cherry Crumb, Peach, Peach Blueberry, Blueberry, Four Berry.

Lunch is TBD

Register here.
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 07-30-2017 at 11:20 PM.

So will the route be something like I posted Earlier?

Thread Information