I'd just left work, and was waiting at a red light, when there was an accident in the intersection. Two cars were deflected towards my direction. It didn't end well:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0310.jpg 
Views:	1749 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	2402

(That's Malcolm on the right...) The bumper, fender, and door are all crunched to carrying degrees, and the wheel is not supposed to have that much camber.

Beyond the obvious, Malcolm is an xDrive, so there's front drivetrain stuff that's probably bent. Malcolm is also Tasman Green Metallic, a color BMW INSISTS WAS NEVER SOLD IN NORTH AMERICA AND REFUSES TO SUPPLY even though their records show the car was painted that color at the factory. (When asked how they explain this, they cheerfully say they can't.)

The police towed Malcolm to a lot off of Gude Drive in Rockville.

So, I get to pick a shop. I'm certain there's going to be suspension work involved, as well as paint-matching. During a DIY event, BMW of Arlington's service manager told me I "should hold on to that car" and I really do want to. State Farm says I can choose who handles the repairs (though they have all kinds of suggestions...)

So, does anyone have any advice other than "stop working late"?

Before you ask, nobody was hurt...