Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Malcolm has been hit... gonna need body work... and suspension work... any advice?

Thread: Malcolm has been hit... gonna need body work... and suspension work... any advice?

Unhappy Malcolm has been hit... gonna need body work... and suspension work... any advice?

I'd just left work, and was waiting at a red light, when there was an accident in the intersection. Two cars were deflected towards my direction. It didn't end well:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0310.jpg 
Views:	1745 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	2402

(That's Malcolm on the right...) The bumper, fender, and door are all crunched to carrying degrees, and the wheel is not supposed to have that much camber.

Beyond the obvious, Malcolm is an xDrive, so there's front drivetrain stuff that's probably bent. Malcolm is also Tasman Green Metallic, a color BMW INSISTS WAS NEVER SOLD IN NORTH AMERICA AND REFUSES TO SUPPLY even though their records show the car was painted that color at the factory. (When asked how they explain this, they cheerfully say they can't.)

The police towed Malcolm to a lot off of Gude Drive in Rockville.

So, I get to pick a shop. I'm certain there's going to be suspension work involved, as well as paint-matching. During a DIY event, BMW of Arlington's service manager told me I "should hold on to that car" and I really do want to. State Farm says I can choose who handles the repairs (though they have all kinds of suggestions...)

So, does anyone have any advice other than "stop working late"?

Before you ask, nobody was hurt...

Euro Pros in Gaithersburg or D&V Autobody in Dulles
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Agree D & V

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    My wife and I both used D&V and they did excellent work on my M3 and her X1. Perfect paint match on my Silverstone Metallic, BTW. They replaced my entire front bumper and blended the paint half way up my hood and half way up the doors. That is what they said, I can't tell where the factory paint ends and their paint job begins.

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Dulles is farther from home than I want to go. Euro Pros must indeed be fabulous; I called them on Tuesday and their earliest possible appointment was August 21st, which is longer than I want to wait...

My usual indy shop (shout out to Scandinavian Import Servicenter!) uses & recommends GLS Autobody. I've also read good reviews for Total Recon Auto Center. Both are within reach. Anyone have any experience with either of those?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesAustin View Post
    My usual indy shop (shout out to Scandinavian Import Servicenter!) uses & recommends GLS Autobody.
    Just in case anyone is curious, I went with GLS Autobody. They did a great job. Malcolm is looking better than before the accident. They took a color BMW NA denies ever having sold on this continent and matched it so closely I haven't found the edges yet, even after having to deal with the fact that Malcolm arrived at their shop with more than twice as much damage as the initial insurance estimate provided for.

I have to highly recommend BMW of Rockville Certified Collision Center. They did an excellent job on my 2015 M3 when I was in an accident at my work Parking Lot. Perfect Color Matching and European Front Bumper replacement was flawless.

Thread Information