As with most folks that are into motorsport in the DC area that aren't lobbyists or independently wealthy, I have projects that are difficult or impossible to accomplish in the space I have at my residence. The condo board frowns upon doing things like welding next to other resident's cars in the next space. Also most of these projects I have in mind are not a good fit for something like a DIY event. So I'm at the point of considering committing funds to renting shop space. But where to find such a thing? Does it exist anywhere in NoVa closer than the outer reaches of Prince William or Loudoun County? The few places I have found that are close to what I'm looking for are impossibly expensive because they are commercial properties that expect you to be making money there.

Has anyone heard of anyone successfully doing this around here, and if so how much did it cost?

Basic requirements are that it have electrical, proper ventilation, and relatively high tolerance for the noise that comes with air tools. I would be willing for instance to rent a garage behind someone's house, as long as they didn't mind me being loud during the day.