Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Parts discounts? If not all the same, who has the biggest?

Thread: Parts discounts? If not all the same, who has the biggest?

Parts discounts? If not all the same, who has the biggest?

At Saturday's 5-series launch party, I overheard a conversation at the membership table about BMWCCANCC's vendor discounts on parts. I always assumed that everybody who gave us anything gave us 10% (aside from BMW of Sterling's 20%-on-Saturday promotion). But what I overheard seemed to say that some dealers give us 25% and even 30%, at least some of the time (on some of the parts).

So, what's the full story? Which vendors give us which discounts?

I felt bringing this up while enjoying Passport BMW's generous hospitality would be uncouth...

Parts discounts vary. I don't know what the discount is these days. Some dealers may markup the price then give a discount, while others give discounts straight of MSRP. 25% is approaching wholesale, I'd be surprised if a dealership was giving that to everyone unless they had a wholesale account.

Many years ago I took a survey of all the dealers. Prices really varied.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Overall pricing at any dealership varies widely and there are several 'levels' of discounts for retail and wholesale. Dealers can set their pricing however they want and usually give a CCA discount on a certain 'level' of pricing, whether its MSRP, invoice, wholesale, or whatever they want to call it.

I always tell people to shop around b/c some dealers include CCA discounts on labor too, but ultimately they can change their pricing at any given time for whatever reason. This is why years ago we stopped publishing specific discounts, its too hard to keep track.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm View Post
    Exactly. It's the "out the door" price that matters, not the supposed percentage off of a base price that varies between dealers.
    Well, I was assuming that everyone begins at "official manufacturers suggested list price" (which nobody actually pays) and that dealer prices in the same area don't really vary all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesAustin View Post
    Well, I was assuming that everyone begins at "official manufacturers suggested list price" (which nobody actually pays) and that dealer prices in the same area don't really vary all that much.
    Some dealers markup from MSRP and then give a discount.

Attached is a survey I did more than 15 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if it still holds true for some.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 04-05-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information