Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Kent Island int he house

Thread: Kent Island int he house

Cool Kent Island int he house

Joined a few years ago , fell off a while, back into it now, wanted to throw out a hello to my eastern shore neighbors and share a little about myself in case you see me zooming over the bay bridge oir around town on Kent Island or at BWI: I took delivery of my 2006 M5 (black/black) very low mile car in 2008 after an exhaustive search for over two years - I wanted it all and found it finally at a dealer in Bloomfield Hills Michigan - flew up, tested, fell in love, purchased and they shipped it to my doorsteps. The proior owner was a disgraced ex-GM exec who purchased it for his wife - I even found a baby toy under one of the seats... sad. But ironic and wonder why he lost his job driving around in the competitions product? Anyway - his bad my gain and no one was buying expensive gas guzzling performance cars in 2008 as the global financial crisis was in full swing and home prices were tumbling... people were dumping cars like this one and the dealer was over the top to accomodate every detail (Including custom floor mats and some M apparel from the lifestyle shop). I took it for under $60K delivered lock stock and barrel, tax title delivery etc... Two years old 20K miles fully loaded... still to this day I remain pumped and in love with this damn car! Sure the iDrive is quirly and the SMG tranny thumps into gear on a slow roll at a red light and yes the check engine light comes on and goes off once in a while now but honestly this may have been their finest overall engineered and designed series... the legenday performance and engineering coupled with timeless style comfort and all out screaming performance - (100% stock) - make this the ultimate ride. Today you can pick one up relatively cheaply and they still turn heads. Its a testiment to the brand that I literally still love getting into this car and driving it ten years later and it still surprises me with little things every year that I didn't quite understand or realize it could do... The day will come when I move onto a new one or maybe pass it down to my sons. Today the car has only 80K on it, all original and garage kept and babied since day one. See you on the road!

Welcome back! Maybe this car will grow on you!!
    I wouldn't refer to the E60 as having "timeless style," but the M5 products have been one of BMW's best. I hope it continues to delight & is able to be passed on to the next generation.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Welcome! That V10 engine was one of the best ever produced and sounds so good. The best part is the single digit MPG when you're doing it right
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information