Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/07/2017 - 34th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance, Vienna, VA
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 05/07/2017 - 34th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance, Vienna, VA

Hybrid View

05/07/2017 - 34th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance, Vienna, VA

34th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d’Elegance
    Sunday, May 7, 2017 (Rain Date: Sunday, May 21, 2017)
    Nottoway Park
    9601 Courthouse Rd
    Vienna, VA 22181

Registration will be through Motorsportreg.com. See nccbmwcca.org for details and updates.

You must be a current BMW CCA member to register.

One of the highlights of our event schedule, and an annual rite of spring for German car fans, is the Deutsche Marque Concours d’Elegance. This year marks the 34th time that we have gathered with our friends from the Greater Washington Section of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America (MBCA) and the Potomac Region of the Porsche Club of America (PCA) for this terrific show. Once again, we have reserved Nottoway Park in Vienna, easily reached via Route 66. The park entrance will be marked with large car club banners so that you cannot miss it.

As in past years, a “corral” will be positioned along the entrance to the park to display special cars not being judged. Space will be limited. More vendors are anticipated. The judged entrants from the three marques will be interspersed, allowing visitors the opportunity to see more of the fabulous cars assembled.

In the Deutsche Marque Concours, vehicles are judged by their condition, appearance, and cleanliness. There will be three classes at this event - Street (judged), Meister class (judged - consisting of first-place category winners from the 2016 concours), and Display class (not judged - winner selected by people’s choice balloting). Judges scoring cars in the Street and Meister classes will only judge the tops of the cars, including the exterior, interior, engine bay, storage compartments and chrome, but not the chassis. Street class cars are generally divided into several groups based upon BMW CCA national concours rules.

Please note: Cars produced after 2012 will not be judged, but are welcome to be entered in the Display class, and eligible for the People's Choice and Judges' Choice awards.

Vehicles will be classified into the following categories:
    Classics
    2002s
    Modern 1980s - E30 3 Series, E28 5 Series, E24 6 Series, E237 Series, M1 and Z1
    Modern 1990s - E36 3 Series, E34 5 Series, E32 7 Series, E318 Series and Z3
    Modern 2000s - E46 3 Series, E39 5 Series, E38 7 Series, 6,Z4 and Z8
    Current - E87 1 Series, E90/91/92/93 3 Series, E60/61 F10 5Series, E63/64 6 Series, E65/66 F01/02 7 Series, E83 F25 X3, E53/70/71 X5 and E71 X6

The entry fee for the concours is $30 per car ($40 after April 30th or on-site). Registration includes one wine and cheese reception ticket. Additional wine and cheese reception tickets are available at $15 each.

There is no charge to attend the concours as a spectator. Inorder to allow us to plan appropriately for the number of guests, please register in advance using the registration form that at MotorsportReg.com.

Contact John McWilliams at john.mcwilliams@gmail.com if you have any questions.

If you have questions on Sunday/day of show please call or text me at 571-699-4404. I will be at Nottoway Park at approx. 8AM.

Schedule:

8:30 AM Field opens to show participants for placement onto the field.
    9:00 AM General admission begins.
    10:00 AM All cars whose owners wish them to be judged must be registered, and cars placed on the field. If you would like to be judged, PLEASE have your car on the field by10:00 AM. We do our best to judge everyone consistently and fairly, and can dothis best if we have sufficient time. Thank you!
    10:30 AM Judging begins.
    2:30 - 3:00 PM Once judging is completed, scores are tallied, and winners determined, we will announce winners at the wine and cheese reception.
    3:00 PM Wine and Cheese Reception - Awards for all clubs will be presented at the Wine and Cheese Reception.

Note: The concours is an all-day event. The organizers of all the clubs will be working diligently prior to the show as well as on theday of the event. Please also respect the hard work by the participants who have prepared their cars for the show. If you enter the event, please be prepared to stay through the awards presentation. If your vehicle places in its class and you have departed the field, the award will be given to the next runner-up in class. Further, in order to be fair to all the participants, we need to have sufficient time to judge all the cars consistently and fairly. We can't do that if people show up at 11:30 a.m. and ask to have their cars judged. We're not trying to be difficult, only respecting the efforts many of our club members make to prepare their cars for the concours. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Register here: http://msreg.com/DMC2017
    Last edited by pseto; 03-05-2017 at 06:30 PM.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

For additional information see: www.dmconcours.com

Registration link added: http://msreg.com/DMC2017

34th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance

BMW CCA REGISTRATION ONLY
    Porsche and Mercedes-Benz club members must register on their respective clubs' sites.
    You must be a current BMW CCA member to register.

Register here.

There is no charge or need to register to attend the concours as a spectator.

If you have questions on Sunday/day of show please call me (John McWilliams) at 571-699-4404. I will be at Nottoway Park at approximately 8AM.

Map:http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/maps/nottowaymap.htm

One of the highlights of our event schedule, and an annual rite of spring for German car fans, is the Deutsche Marque Concours d’Elegance. This year marks the 34th time that we have gathered with our friends from the Greater Washington Section of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America (MBCA) and the Potomac Region of the Porsche Club of America (PCA) for this terrific show. Once again, we have reserved Nottoway Park, located at 9601 Courthouse Road in Vienna, easily reached via Route 66. The park entrance will be marked with large car club banners so that you cannot miss it.

As in recent years, a “corral” will be positioned along the entrance to the park to display special cars not being judged. Space will be limited. More vendors are anticipated. The judged entrants from the three marques will be interspersed, allowing visitors the opportunity to see more of the fabulous cars assembled.

In the Deutsche Marque Concours, vehicles are judged by their condition, appearance, and cleanliness. There will be three classes at this event - Street (judged), Meister class (judged - consisting of first-place category winners from the 2016 concours), and Display class (not judged - winner selected by people’s choice balloting). Judges scoring cars in the Street and Meister classes will only judge the tops of the cars, including the exterior, interior, engine bay, storage compartments and chrome, but not the chassis. Street class cars are generally divided into several groups based upon BMW CCA national concours rules.

Please note: Cars produced after 2012 will not be judged, but are welcome to be entered in the Display class, and eligible for the People's Choice and Judges' Choice awards.

Vehicles will be classified into the following categories:

• Classics
    • 2002s
    • Modern 1980s - E30 3 Series, E28 5 Series, E24 6 Series, E23 7 Series, M1 and Z1
    • Modern 1990s - E36 3 Series, E34 5 Series, E32 7 Series, E31 8 Series and Z3
    • Modern 2000s - E46 3 Series, E39 5 Series, E38 7 Series, 6, Z4 and Z8
    • Current - E87 1 Series, E90/91/92/93 3 Series, E60 5 Series, E63 6 Series, E65 7 Series, E83 X3, E53/E70 X5 and E71 X6

8:30 AM Field opens to show participants for placement onto the field.
    9:00 AM General admission begins.
    10:00 AM All cars whose owners wish them to be judged must be registered, and cars placed on the field. If you would like to be judged, PLEASE have your car on the field by 10:00 AM. We do our best to judge everyone consistently and fairly, and can do this best if we have sufficient time. Thank you!
    10:30 AM Judging begins.
    2:30 - 3:00 PM After the judging is completed, scores are tallied, and winners determined, we will announce winners at the wine and cheese reception.
    approx. 3:00 PM Wine and Cheese Reception - Awards for all clubs will be presented at the Wine and Cheese Reception.

Note: The concours is an all-day event. The organizers of all the clubs will be working diligently prior to the show as well as on the day of the event. Please also respect the hard work by the participants who have prepared their cars for the show. If you enter the event, please be prepared to stay through the awards presentation. If your vehicle places in its class and you have departed the field, the award will be given to the next runner-up in class. Further, in order to be fair to all the participants, we need to have sufficient time to judge all the cars consistently and fairly. We can't do that if people show up at 11:30 a.m. and ask to have their cars judged. We're not trying to be difficult, only respecting the efforts many of our club members make to prepare their cars for the concours. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Contact John McWilliams at john.mcwilliams@gmail.com if you have any questions.
    Last edited by pseto; 03-27-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Six weeks until the big show!

If you're hesitant to enter, thinking your car is not a "show car," fear not! While the prospect of having your car's cleanliness and condition scrutinized by judges may sound daunting, all participants had to start somewhere. We welcome new registrants, as it allows them to get a better idea of what areas of their cars could benefit from some TLC. They will get a chance to meet with concours veterans and judges, allowing them to pick up some tips. Beside the Judged class, the Display class is open to all comers to show off their pride and joy. Cars produced after 2012 will not be judged, but are welcome to be entered in the Display class, and eligible for the People's Choice (chosen by event spectators) and Judges' Choice awards.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

5 weeks until the big show!
    Darryl Nichols at Odds & Ends Detailing is holding a clinic next Sunday, April 9th, at his shop. Please join us for some tips to get ready for the concours.
    Sunday, April 9 at 10 AM
    Odds and Ends Detailing
    https://www.facebook.com/oddsandendsdetailing/
    112 Oakgrove Road Unit 111, Sterling, Virginia 20166
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

If you plan to attend the detailing clinic next Sunday, April 9th, at Odds & Ends in Sterling please send me an email or post it here so I can give our host, Darryl, a head count.
    Thanks!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

4 weeks until the show! We dream of having weather like today's on May 7th. Thanks to those members who have pre-registered - this helps us plan for the food & beverages for the awards reception that follows the judging.
    Many thanks to BMW of Fairfax for continuing to be our chapter's Corporate Sponsor. They plan to bring some great eye-candy for us.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I am looking forward to being a part again this year. Now I am off to clean more parts and areas on my M5.....

Stephen,
    Chip Geppi, BMW of Fairfax's Pre-Owned Sales Director, confirmed that they are bringing the following cars, in case you wanted to consider a move up from that clunker!
    *M4 GTS
    *Alpina B6 Gran Coupe
    *M6 Competition Edition
    *New 2017 540i
    They will also bring a 5th car, maybe a X5M, but he's trying to locate an i8 and M2 (no promises on those).
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

3 weeks to go! Hopefully members will find time over this holiday weekend to make progress getting their cars ready. Thanks, again, to those members who have pre-registered.
    Remember, there is no charge for spectators at the event, so come out and support the program & your fellow members' efforts. We plan to have several new food trucks at the venue to make your visit more pleasant.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

A reminder - 2 weeks to go until the 2017 Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance

Sunday, May 7, 2017 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
    (Rain date: Sunday, May 21, 2017)

Nottoway Park, 9610 Courthouse Road, Vienna, Virginia 22181
    Map: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/maps/nottowaymap.htm

Returning to the event lawn this year will be another multi-make "Car Corral" display area adjacent to the entrance road of the park. The Car Corral remains free of charge and open to the public to display any non-judged automobile. Space will be limited, but, because usually there are many interesting cars that end up hidden in the parking lot somewhere, the Car Corral will exist simply to highlight the level of automotive enthusiasm that makes an event like the Deutsche Marque Concours so popular year after year!

Please bring your appetite this year because we'll have three food trucks ready to take your order: Red, Hot & Blue, Fava Pot Egyptian/Mediterranean, and Goodies Frozen Custard and Treats!

The Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance remains free of charge to spectators and the Concours entry fee will be kept the same as in years past.

Please understand that in order to maintain fairness in judging, you must have your car both registered and in position on the lawn well before judging starts at 10:30 a.m., preferably by 10 a.m. If your car is selected for an award, the announcement will be made at the (approx.) 3:00 p.m. Awards Reception. Please be present at the Awards Reception to receive it, otherwise it must be awarded to the runner-up in attendance at the Reception.

To ensure this event runs smoothly, we invite you to volunteer your time! Volunteer opportunities include setting up our registration tent area, guiding entrants to lawn parking spots, handing out registration materials, participating as a Concours Judge, setting up our Awards Reception area, and helping to leave the facilities as we found them. Your input is very much needed and appreciated!

See the event website at dmconcours.com
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

John,

Wanted to say "Congrats" one more time for all you did to make this event a wonderful fun time to show cars and hang out with fellow BMWs owners. The event as always was a true success in spite of food control issues, too wet a show field, and pollen. The move to the hard surface parking lots allowed us all to get to know each other every well. Another good point was us "Modern" owners felt welcomed and enjoyed the break in the weather even if we did take home a few trophies... GREAT JOB John!

Quote Originally Posted by StephenVA View Post
    John,

Wanted to say "Congrats" one more time for all you did to make this event a wonderful fun time to show cars and hang out with fellow BMWs owners. The event as always was a true success in spite of food control issues, too wet a show field, and pollen. The move to the hard surface parking lots allowed us all to get to know each other every well. Another good point was us "Modern" owners felt welcomed and enjoyed the break in the weather even if we did take home a few trophies... GREAT JOB John!
    John puts on a great show!

And congrats to you, Mr Best of Marque!

We are proud to announce the 2017 Deutsche Marque Concours Results. Thank you to everyone that showed their cars and the spectators who made this such a great event!

Classics
    1. Lothar Schuettler - 1958 502
    2. Doug Dolan - 1972 3.0cs
    3. Michael Balling - 1979 320i

1. Jim Gerock - 1969 2002
    2. Jack Gallagher - 1976 2002
    3. Rich Pople 1974 2002 turbo

Modern 1980s
    1. Anita Patton - 1987 M6
    2. Michael Powers - 1991 325ic
    3. Michael Ko - 1991 M3

Modern 1990s
    1. Jared Reed - 1995 M3
    2. Susan Morse Kuhn - 1999 328ic
    3. Kelvin Hao - 1997 Z3

Modern 2000s
    1. Stephen Di Giulian - 2002 M5
    2. Tina Daiyann - 2005 M3
    3. Rhonda Powers - 2003 540i

Meister Class
    1. Mark Elie - 2003 M5
    2. Mike DiAndrea - 1974 2002tii

People's Choice
    Wayne Watkins - 1967 2000cs

Judges' Choice
    Tom Kapikian - 1985 Alpina B7 Turbo (E28)

Best of Marque
    Stephen Di Giulian - 2002 M5

Spirit of the Deutsche Marque Concours Award- Lothar Schuettler - 1958 502

Thread Information