Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/06/2017 - DIY @ BMW of Sterling

Thread: 05/06/2017 - DIY @ BMW of Sterling

Hybrid View

05/06/2017 - DIY @ BMW of Sterling

Do It Yourself (DIY) Program Overview
    The Do It Yourself (DIY) program allows National Capital Chapter (NCC) BMW Car Club of America (CCA) Members to work on their own cars under the supervision of expert mechanics and technicians provided by the DIY Sponsor. The purpose of the DIY is to learn and practice proper maintenance and repair techniques that you can routinely complete within a two-and-one-half-hour (2.5 hour) time period.

There are typically several NCC members who can assist you when an extra pair of hands or advice is needed. We are happy to show newcomers the joys of working on your own car. Most events start at between 8 am and 9 am and typically finish at 3 pm. Lunch for the event is provided by the club.

The DIY Program Webpage is here http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?119-diy

Register here.

Can this event help with the installation of DINAN ECUs????

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
    Can this event help with the installation of DINAN ECUs????
    Did you already send your ECU to Dinan to reflash?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Just registered -- looking forward to tackling front brakes! Happy spring.
    Interlagos 2006 M3, AutoLogic tune, K&N CAI, Agency Power midpipes and exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, ///M Pedal Kit, UUC SSK. MRegistry listing here
    Le Mans 2002 M5, Black/Titanium, Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, PSS9 coilovers, Conforti/Shark tune. MRegistry listing here

Darn it -- I got my dates wrong. That Saturday we're on the road heading for vacation. Brake job will have to wait until June!
    Interlagos 2006 M3, AutoLogic tune, K&N CAI, Agency Power midpipes and exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, ///M Pedal Kit, UUC SSK. MRegistry listing here
    Le Mans 2002 M5, Black/Titanium, Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, PSS9 coilovers, Conforti/Shark tune. MRegistry listing here

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Darn it -- I got my dates wrong. That Saturday we're on the road heading for vacation. Brake job will have to wait until June!
    You don't find changing brakes recreational?

I will literally buy someone's spot for this DIY session. I need rear springs installed on my 330i as my current ones are cracked and the car is pretty unsafe to drive at the moment, and I've never done it before and could use the warm embrace of the DIY group. Anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by jonfhoffman View Post
    I will literally buy someone's spot for this DIY session.
    You don't really need a lift for this job, but a floor jack & jack stands are necessary at the least. I haven't replaced a rear spring on an E46 (YET!). Are you planning to replace just the spring, or the shocks at the same time? I understand some of the interior and/or rear deck panel have to come out to remove/loosen the upper shock mount. Are you planning to replace those, too? Do you have all of your parts?

http://blog.bavauto.com/14307/bmw-di...lation-how-to/

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ng+replacement
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I actually was able to get a spot in the DIY, so I'm looking forward to doing it there. I was really pulling for the DIY for the transmission work I needed to do, but I had to get it done elsewhere as the shop didn't want us doing Trans work. No big problem.

Without riding in it, if I told you that my car was pulling slightly to the right on braking, what would your first thoughts be? Bad alignment? Worn suspension parts?

Clogged rubber brake hose. Caliper pistons not engaging/releasing properly. Air in the system.
    If it doesn't pull without braking, why would you be thinking alignment or suspension?
    Last edited by John in VA; 05-05-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

To be honest, it just seemed like the most likely culprit because it drifts on the highway a bit too, so thought it might be the same cause.

As an aside, I enjoyed meeting a few of you at this event! Looking forward to the next one.

Thread Information