I have a 2011 E91 xDrive, with the driver-side carpeted floor mat that's held down by two Velcro disks screwed into main cabin carpeting. As you probably know if you have the same setup, this is a good idea that DOES NOT WORK. The mounting disks rip out of the carpet, leaving little holes and letting the mat scoot towards the pedals.

I'm tired of re-seating my floor mat every time I get into the car and want to put in something else, and since I also want everything to match, I need a complete set (all four seating positions). I might as well get a cargo liner too; the carpeting back there is a bit scuffed. Both BMW and WeatherTech offer what I want; something semi-rigid with high sides that won't let anything move, custom-fit and in a matching color. (BMW's web site doesn't seem to have a way to actually order a cargo mat even though they show a picture of one, but I'm sure I can manage somehow...)

The question is, which is better? I've seen a sample of the BMW mats, and I've seen a sample of the WeatherTech mats, but never at the same time. The prices aren't that different (WeatherTech is expensive too...). At my last DIY the service manager told me BMW will probably discontinue their version soon (car's getting old...) so I should hurry up and order if I want BMW's mats. I suppose if all else were equal I would rather have mats that say "xDrive" than "WeatherTech" but that's not enough to keep me away from the WeatherTech mats if they're better.

So, I know both mats are nice, but which are nicer, BMW's or WeatherTech's?