Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Finallly Joined - better late than never!

Thread: Finallly Joined - better late than never!

Cool Finallly Joined - better late than never!

Hailing from Lovettsville, VA!

The quick and dirty version is that I am a car guy, bought my first car (87 Mustang) when I was 14 and worked on it for 2 years before I could drive it. Mostly I was a Honda guy and came up in the import tuning stuff for many years until I bought my first BMW in 2009 (2004 330CI) - fell in love, but was missing the power my Honda's had - all modified of course.... So I bought an E46 M3 in 2014 and picked up an E90 M3 earlier this year. Now my goal is to have one of each generation M3 and I am currently searching for an E60 M5.

I had toyed with joining BMW CCA for the last two years now, but decided it was time as I finally landed and settled my family down. I intend on getting back into AutoX racing and am big on working with others. I have a large garage out here where I do all of my own work and am happy to help others with projects they have when I have the time.

I am very community driven and work for myself. I also day and swing trade in my spare time. Other interests are my family, technology, F1, and meeting new people.

Look forward to attending some events and making new friends!

Greg
    Last edited by starkfu; 11-12-2016 at 06:57 PM. Reason: altered year M3 to generation M3

Welcome, Greg! I read a buddy's Roundels for two years before deciding to join 34 years ago. The E30 M3 debuted in 1987 (I believe), so you better have a very large garage to hold 30 years worth of Ms!
    I live in Leesburg & work in Purcellville.

John
    NCC concours program
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

haha - oops - I mean each generation, not year, that would be insane!!

I moved from Leesburg about 2 years ago as I needed more space for toys and kids and pretty much everything we do is in Purcellville!

Currently in the market for an E36 M3 with engine problems, I want to build a dedicated track car out of it.
    - 2005 E46 M3 AW SMG - Borla Exhaust | MS intake elbow | TMS rear subframe plates | ipad mini | Tein SSP w/edfc
    - 2010 E90 M3 JB DCT - Borla ATAK | Borla X pipe | MS stage II intake | MS pulleys | Turner Aluminum / Derlin subframe bushings | Group N mounts | Hawk street / track pads

Here is a pic of my E90 - did a photo shoot over at the Brunswick Rail yard:

And here she is right before going down for baseline maintenance (doing all fluids, subframe bushings, engine and trans mounts, and exhaust).

And here is a good one of my E46 - currently rebuilding subframe on this one too - have a new engine for it that I am stroking as well. It's been on stands now for quite some time - just haven't had the time to work on it - sort of a "when nothing else important is going on" project.

Last edited by starkfu; 11-12-2016 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Added img tags
    - 2005 E46 M3 AW SMG - Borla Exhaust | MS intake elbow | TMS rear subframe plates | ipad mini | Tein SSP w/edfc
    - 2010 E90 M3 JB DCT - Borla ATAK | Borla X pipe | MS stage II intake | MS pulleys | Turner Aluminum / Derlin subframe bushings | Group N mounts | Hawk street / track pads

mmm, that M3

Thread Information