Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 11/05/2016 - DIY @ BMW of Sterling

Thread: 11/05/2016 - DIY @ BMW of Sterling

11/05/2016 - DIY @ BMW of Sterling

Do It Yourself (DIY) Program Overview
    The Do It Yourself (DIY) program allows National Capital Chapter (NCC) BMW Car Club of America (CCA) Members to work on their own cars under the supervision of expert mechanics and technicians provided by the DIY Sponsor. The purpose of the DIY is to learn and practice proper maintenance and repair techniques that you can routinely complete within a two-and-one-half-hour (2.5 hour) time period.

There are typically several NCC members who can assist you when an extra pair of hands or advice is needed. We are happy to show newcomers the joys of working on your own car. Most events start at between 8 am and 9 am and typically finish at 3 pm. Lunch for the event is provided by the club.

The DIY Program Webpage is here http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?119-diy

Register here.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 09-26-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Registration done! Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
    Interlagos 2006 M3, AutoLogic tune, K&N CAI, Agency Power midpipes and exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, ///M Pedal Kit, UUC SSK. MRegistry listing here
    Le Mans 2002 M5, Black/Titanium, Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, PSS9 coilovers, Conforti/Shark tune. MRegistry listing here

Wow these fill up quickly!

Yes, so I was warned! Sorry I can't make the ones before this one.
    Interlagos 2006 M3, AutoLogic tune, K&N CAI, Agency Power midpipes and exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, ///M Pedal Kit, UUC SSK. MRegistry listing here
    Le Mans 2002 M5, Black/Titanium, Rogue SSK, Dinan exhaust, PSS9 coilovers, Conforti/Shark tune. MRegistry listing here

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyinDC View Post
    Wow these fill up quickly!
    We generally don't know how many lifts the sponsor will give us, or even how long they'll let us use them, until a few days before the event. So unless you're literally among the first couple of people to register, you go on the waiting list by default. I've been to half a dozen of these (and canceled two others) and though I've been put on the waiting list almost every time, I don't recall ever not getting a slot. I've learned to apply ASAP, keep my fingers crossed, and cancel ASAP if I won't be able to attend.

If anyone's bored, I'm hoping to change my brake pads, rotors and sensors and could use any and all assistance making it happen in the time allowed. Four wheels, no waiting!
    Last edited by BradleyinDC; 10-04-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Got my brakes pads rotors and sensors done at the last DIY (thanks for the help!).

Tomorrow hoping to change brake lines, replace broken caliper bracket, and flush brake fluid.
    I also have the two post cat O2 sensors and fuel filter if anyone is looking for a car to help out on--I'm not proud.

Off the lift I also need to replace the door actuator.

My car tools were stolen from my trunk so I may need to borrow some for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyinDC View Post
    My car tools were stolen from my trunk so I may need to borrow some for tomorrow.

Do you have insurance?

Anybody know of any tool vendors that give club discounts?

Thread Information