Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Glad to be back

Thread: Glad to be back

Glad to be back

Glad to be back, I have decided that all my future luxury cars will always be a BMW. I have owned and enjoyed an E68, E70, and now a F15. In between each I have gone to Japanese luxury cars and always been unhappy with the quality and finish of the comparable models and sold them within 6-12 months of owing them. Simply put the quality, fit and driving characteristics of BMW's are more within my taste than other vehicles and I hope BMW never makes any drastic changes. Hope to meet some of you at the Hunt Valleys Cars n Coffee or Maple Lawn.
    Last edited by twinturbogodzilla; 06-29-2016 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twinturbogodzilla View Post
    Glad to be back, I have decided that all my future luxury cars will always be a BMW. I have owned and enjoyed an E68, E70, and now a F15. In between each I have gone to Japanese luxury cars and always been unhappy with the quality and finish of the comparable models and sold them within 6-12 months of owing them. Simply put the quality, fit and driving characteristics of BMW's are more within my taste than other vehicles and I hope BMW never makes any drastic changes.
    ^This! Whether it's other cars catching up or the bean counters at BMW making cuts since the mid-90s, the gap in "quality" has narrowed, in my opinion. But we know the driving/ownership experience is more than mpg, 0-60 or 60-0 times, skidpad forces, 1/4 mile times, and Consumer Reports ratings combined - there's a synergy involved. I may be guilty of drinking the blue & white Kool-Aid, but haven't owned anything else in the last 36 years.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Welcome back! Hope to see you at an event soon
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Welcome back! Like yourself, I tried a few other brands before buying my e92 this past January; early 40th bday gift which means that my wife couldn't say no

My family always bought Honda because it was the reliable brand. I was the first one to buy a non-japanese car, a BMW about 11 years ago and since then, only 1 Honda and 4 BMWs in the family!

BMW = Adrenaline on 4 wheels...
    Maybe the delta has narrowed between BMW and other car brands but IMHO it is still the ultimate driving machine

Is there anyone here that goes to the Maple Lawn cars n coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by spacegrey View Post
    Is there anyone here that goes to the Maple Lawn cars n coffee?
    I know those guys pretty well
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information