Posted by: GregReiterEstate

Description: My late husband purchased this 1992 BMW 318i 2-door convertible in July 2014. It has been garage kept since then, and driven on a very limited basis. I am selling it as qualified executor of his estate. Clear Virginia title (in my husband's name) in hand. Service records show that the vehicle was in Savannah GA from 2003 to 2014, and in Germany from 1992 to 2002. A BMW master tech viewed and drove the car in April 2016, and made the following comments:Interior:* The interior is immaculate. Seat cloth may or may not be original, but is definitely OEM BMW. No stains or tears are visible.* The dashboard and center console are in perfect condition - no cracks or scratches.* The instrument cluster and center console electronics function as designed, and are in perfect cosmetic condition.Exterior and body:* Paint has some light scuffs and some minor chips here and there.* There are no signs of rust - not visible nor paint covered.* Body is straight - strut mount domes are in perfect condition. No sign of any sort of impact damage.* The convertible roof appears to have been completely replaced - the mechanism as well as the canvas. Mechanics:* Transmission and clutch perform like new* All services and fluids are current* Engine idles and runs perfectly - no ticks, misses, or abnormal noise* Water pump was a little noisy after cold start, but noise dissipated once engine was at operating temp. Noise was most likely caused by vehicle sitting for a few weeks.* The steering and suspension are tight and vehicle drives perfectly straight. Overall: This 318Ci is in far better condition than most that I have seen. The paint has some chips, but the clear coat is still very much intact. Other than that, this is a great example of a late model E30. The euro bumpers are original and are a great feature of these later E30's. Every one who knows how these cars are supposed to drive will be very satisfied as soon as they get behind the wheel. The car was obviously well cared for and drives exactly like a BMW should. The roof has been replaced and functions perfectly (big plus). I'm not certain if the canvas is OEM material. Other than the canvas, ALL parts are BMW - nothing aftermarket has been installed on the vehicle. I'm pretty sure you will not find an E30 in better condition for this asking price. Auto Appraisal Group, Inc. appraised the car in November 2015. AAG's condition ratings were "Very Good" for upholstery, wheels, panels/liner, top, and carpet; "Good" for body, tires, lights, instruments/dash, engine, options, paint, undercarriage, trunk/cargo area, equipment, glass, trim/chrome, spare/jack, test ride, and market personality; and "fair" for originality (I am not sure why this "fair" rating.) AAG's general comments were "Appears to be mechanically sound. The cylinder head was overhauled in 2014. Exterior displays partial repaint and aluminum alloy wheels. The top was replaced in 2014. The interior was restored and shows little wear. Carfax report posted at https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1/overview/All proceeds from the sale of this vehicle will go to the Gregory J. Reiter Memorial Fund http://gregoryreiterfund.org.

More...