Posted by: peteinmd

Description: I am selling my 5-speed manual 2001 BMW 325i wagon. Despite its 181K miles, this car still feels fresh due to its excellent care, maintenance, and quality replacement parts. If you enjoy the fun of a manual transmission together with the practicality of a wagon body style, this is very good example of this rare breed. The first owner was a woman from Florida, whose husband owned the Tampa Automotive Museum, and had his own technician staff. The car had nice life, serviced by BMW, independent garages, and museum techs. Have nearly all service receipts from first owner. The second owner, an automotive engineer, bought the car at 96k miles and performed extensive preventative maintenance. He also replaced many parts and kept all receipts and a spreadsheet of EVERYTHING done. All parts were OEM or upgraded with name brand aftermarket. I am the third owner and I bought the car having worked alongside the 2nd owner, knowing the care he put into the car. I retained the tradition of performing extensive preventive maintenance and keeping precise maintenance records. This car is very solid mechanically and a joy to drive. The combination of Continental Extreme Contact summer tires mounted on OEM 17" wheels and new shocks give the car a clever mix of handling ability and smooth ride. The gear ratios are well judged to suit the strong engine. Below I have listed several of the refreshed and upgraded parts. I also posted a walk-around video at: https://youtu.be/FGhiYY8X42Y Given the condition, care, and newly installed quality parts the price is $6900. Please contact me if you are interested. *Extra set of new Michelin X-ICE tires and OEM 16" available for $500 ----- Refreshed Parts ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. 25K miles on new clutch and flywheel 2. 4K miles on new Front and Rear Shocks 3. 4K miles on new radiator, expansion tank, thermostat, coolant hoses, temp sensor 4. 25K on new VANOS oil line 5. 25K on new oil pan gasket 6. 45K on new fuel pump 7. 45K on new alternator 8. 30K on serpentine belt tensioner and idler pulleys 9. 2K miles on new engine serpentine and A/C drive belts 10. 45K miles on front control arms and bushings 11. 90K miles on new window regulators ----- Modifications --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Koni FSD Shocks (Excellent ride over Michigan roads but still has precise feeling) 2. Depo projector headlamps with DTM Tuning 6k HID kit 3. Racing Dynamics front strut tower brace (no joints) 4. DICE iPod adaptor 5. Silver gauge rings in meter cluster 6. Euro-style rollback center console insert 7. Custom trunk mat 8. M stripe decals on rockers

More...