Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New to the Forum, but have been BMWCCA member for 22+ years!

Thread: New to the Forum, but have been BMWCCA member for 22+ years!

New to the Forum, but have been BMWCCA member for 22+ years!

I've only been to about two events, probably about 10 years ago. Would love to get out and meet some fellow car people soon.

My first BMW was a 1992 BMW 525i, loved that car. Then came the black 1976 2002, very cool car when it ran - Lothar himself would be under the hood of that car about every other week. Then came the 95 Green M3 bought from Lothar, then traded that for a white 98 540i Sport until the valves went wacky at 78K miles, traded on both a barrique red 328i sedan and a silver 2002 BMW M3 Cabrio, then and finally the current BMW, a 2008 BMW M3 coupe, interlagos blue/gray interior and all the goodies. 30k miles on her.

In a parallel life we were buying a 2000 Mercedes ML 450; a SLK 230; Lexus ES300; a Honda Accord and 2007 Honda Odyssey. On the muscle car side I had a Gold 67 Buick Skylark convertible, and a primered 68 Mustang coupe - I hated letting them both go.

Now, all that left is my 2008 BMW M3; 2016 MB C300 4Matic; 2013 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, 2007 Dodge Ram 1500; 2006 Harley Davidson Fatboy.

I'm in Burtonsville Maryland, and go almost every Sunday to the Church of the Holey Donut in the Giant parking lot in one of the above vehicles - hope to see you there!

Thanks for being such a long-time member, but you really need to get out more! We have our MoCo meet this Thursday and the Rockville Antique & Classic Car show on Saturday. Hopefully you can make it to one of those.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thanks Paul, I wish I had made it out. Hopefully I'll get out for the next one!

OK, so I'm a little lost now. I've been on the fence to sell my e92 M3. We have several cars and no one but me enjoys riding in the M3 anymore. Everyone wants comfort, not the neck jerking shifts, roaring engine, feeling driving over a dime, and sitting a few inches above the road. When did everyone get OLD?! I guess even me, when I want some crazy excitement, I'll jump on my Harley Fat Boy. Is anyone else going through a time of disenchantment? Pouring water over our brand?

For me I think it started when I put my M3 for an early oil change, I called to check on the car the next day and they had no record of it and didn't know where it was. OOOOK. I'll be right there and we'll find it together. Found it, found it w a scratch in the back bumper. That experience was like taking mom to the doctor and the doctor can't find your mom,
    but once they do, you find out they threw her off the staircase a few time. What a pain, and now distrust. You gotta have great service to keep me brand loyal. I'm on the fence now - love BMW cars, but will figure out in the next few month if the next one is going to be a Pcar, Lexus/Toyota SUV or a Benz SUV. Love the BMW cars, but don't want to deal w/ the nonsense that comes with it. Anyone going thru similar feelings?

I don't think you hang around enough BMW enthusiasts

Its a shame that shop has altered the brand for you, but there are other shops out there that won't lose a car. You should come take a ride down to Solomons with us tomorrow, we'll get some excitement back into you.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information