Posted by: mcaden

Description: 1987 BMW 325ic (E30) with Hard Top6 cylinder5 speed manual transmissionLachsilber with black leather interior196,000$5499 for both the car and accompanying hard topFor sale is my 1987 (E30) BMW 325ic (WBABB1300H1928737) in Lachsilber exterior with black leather interior that also includes a rare hard top. I am a long time BMW CCA member, and I have diligently followed the Old School Maintenance Schedule for preventative maintenance of this car. All maintenance is currently up to date and this car needs nothing, but to be enjoyed. The suspension has been recently redone (H&R cabrio springs and Bilsteins), the air conditioning blows cold, the heat blows hot, the convertible roof is new, the front convertible seal is new, the timing belt, accessory belts and water pump were all recently changed, it has new spark plugs, valve adjustment, and valve cover gasket, the guibo and center support bearing are new, the car has a lovely Z3 1.9 short shift kit, all fluids are fresh, the Falken tires have less than 10k miles on them, it has a limited slip differential, it has an "is" spoiler and "is" basketweave wheels, I have many receipts, the odometer works, and it includes a very rare hard top. I have photographed all the VIN numbers in the accompanying album and they match. All original OEM stickers are still on the car. The engine pulls strong, idles nicely, and does not smoke. With the hard top, this becomes a car that you can truly enjoy year round or at least until they salt the roads in your area. Hard tops range in value between $1000 and $2000, and mine would at the upper end of condition. Please see an example for sale here (see link) or search eBay or the internet for examples yourself: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-Hard...&vxp=mtrPlease see a more detailed pictures of the car's interior, exterior, trunk, engine bay, wheels, and underside are available at: http://s632.photobucket.com/user/marccaden/library/1987 BMW 325ic E30 with Hard Top For SaleInterior:The interior is black leather (not vinyl) with convertible sport seats. The dash is crack free, which is very rare for a convertible. There are no rips or tears to the leather interior, and I regularly use UV leather conditioner on the seats. The car has an OEM (NPR quality) original stereo and the rear speakers have been upgraded to Blaupunkts. I replaced the powered antenna with a new power antenna and new retaining rubber grommet. The carpeting is clean and dry. The car has four new high quality Black with Grey Dot Coco Mats from Cocomats.com. I replaced the original sport steering wheel with an M-tech I sport steering wheel. All window switches and controls/dials/gauges work as they should. There is, however, one HVAC light bulb out and the check panel lights suggest there is a rear bulb out, but there are no rear bulbs out. The on board computer functions as it should and properly displays time, date, temperature, etc. The air conditioning has been converted to R134 and blows cold. The heat also works nicely and blows hot. The HVAC blower works properly on all four speeds and the auxiliary fan has been replaced. The glove box is clean and works properly. The car comes with two sets of keys and two fobs that allow for keyless entry and exit. The seats have general wear marks to be expected with nearly 30 years of usage, but present nicely. Several seams on the seats appear to have been re-sewen over the years, but this does not detract. The trunk is dry and clean and includes a proper 14 inch spare tire. The original trunk tool set is complete and the jack and its accompanying tools are present. There is currently a M sport shift knob mounted that does not convey with the car will be replaced stock E30 shift knob.Exterior:The car has a German made (high quality) replacement roof that was professionally installed one year ago. I also have a hard top which I normally put on in the Fall and remove in the late-Spring. The car is not driven during the foul winter months. The hard top has a new headliner. The exterior of the hard top is also in very good condition overall. It has some marks and stains consistent with normal wear and a small roughly one inch tear on one side that has been reaffixed. With the hard top on the car it is warmer, quieter, and feels much more like a regular coupe. I have never seen a hard top in nicer condition than mine. All of the exterior lights work properly. The wheels are "is" basketweave 14 inch wheels with Falken 912 tires with less than 10k miles. The wheels have been recently resprayed in silver and present nicely, but some do have a little curb rash (see album pictures). The car also has a rear hitch receiver installed and wiring installed for trailer brake lights. Apparently, the previous owner used the car to tow a very small trailer to events. The car currently has a vintage "Ruehman BMW North Hollywood" license plate frame on the back. The frame itself has collector value, but looks just right on the car. I reserve the right to keep the license plate frame, but may decide to include it in the sale. The car has its share of door dings, rock chips, and touched-up scratches consistent with a nearly thirty year old car. The worst item is a small crease on the driver's side rear fender lip that the previous owner bumped while parking the car and touched-up later. It is not that apparent, but it is there and is the worst ding on the car. The paint is mostly original, although some panels appear to have been repainted. The car looks great from ten feet, but up close it has some "patina." The hood and trunk in particular appear to be sun faded. Overall, it presents quite nicely as a driver quality car and because the paint is mostly original you can rest assured someone hasn't done a quick respray to try and hide something. The car has no known rust. I added the "is" spoiler, which was sprayed by me in a matching Laschsilber paint. The third brake light was also resprayed by me in matching Lachsilber and while it isn't perfect it works good enough. If I am being critical, the paint is this car's weakest point, but I find that it still cleans up nicely and presents well as a driver quality car. I have photographed all the VIN numbers and they match (see photo album). All OEM stickers are still on the car (see album). In short, this is an unmodified E30 with a driver quality exterior, really nice interior, and mechanically sorted. Overall, it is very original and well preserved car. History:I have owned this car for three years. It has never been autocrossed, tracked, or abused. I really love the car, but I just bought a Z3 roadster and can't keep both. The previous owner was a car enthusiast from Virginia. He was also a BMW CCA member and kept this car as part of a collection of approximately 20 other vehicles. He used this car as a weekend/sunny day driver until he bought a Z3 to replace it. I have all of my receipts and many receipts from prior owners. This is truly a car you can drive regularly and enjoy and feel confident that it has been maintained properly. Mechanical & Maintenance: I have followed the Old School Maintenance Schedule for maintaining this car. The suspension has been redone with new H&R Cabrio springs and Bilsteins (see photo album). I also replaced all of the sway bar bushings and front control arm bushings. The timing belt and water pump have been done recently. I have changed all fluids using either OEM or high quality/recommended fluids. The guibo and center support bearing are new (see photo album). The exhaust is stock (Bosal) and was put on by the previous owner not long before I purchased it. The fuel filter and fuel pump have been replaced during my ownership (see photo album). The valves have been adjusted and the engine idles smoothly. The car has also has the preferred limited slip differential. In short, mechanically this car is rock solid and needs nothing. I keep a spreadsheet of my maintenance that I will share with interested parties, but these are some of the items done... (all maintenance listed below have been done within the last three years)-new battery-new antenna and grommet-new roundels-new coolant sensor-new tail light gaskets-new air filter-new ABS relay-new rear struts for tonneau cover-new brake check switch-new headliner for hard top-"is" wheels and rear spoiler-replace OBC temperature sensor-new intake boot-central locking system fixed-new keyless entry system with fobs-replace fuel sender-new fuel filter-replace drivers door brake-replaced vacuum hose to intake-replace air intake tube-new powerflex front control arm bushings -new timing belt, water pump, camshaft seal, rotor, adjusted valves, valve cover gasket, rocker blind plugs, drain and replace coolant-replace power steering reservoir and power steering hoses-replace manual transmission and differential fluid-replace tie rods and alignment-new Falken 912 tires-replace throttle body coolant gasket; clean ICV and throttle body-replaced auxiliary fan-new clutch master and slave cylinders-new Bilstein shocks/struts and H&R cabrio springs and sway bar bushings-new Cocomats - Black with grey dot-new front fog light lenses-new German made convertible roof and tensioner straps-Z3 1.9 short shift kit, new guibo, center support bearing-replace spark plugs-new front convertible seal-bleed brakes and clutch fluid-new Bosch wiper blades

More...