Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Take it to The Dealer or Specialty Shop Like Martin's Auto in Gaithersburg???

Thread: Take it to The Dealer or Specialty Shop Like Martin's Auto in Gaithersburg???

Take it to The Dealer or Specialty Shop Like Martin's Auto in Gaithersburg???

Hoping for some experience-rated advice: my 2001 Z3 3.0 is coming up to the 60,000 mile service. I know it needs control-arm bushings, a rear shock, new bulbs in the air/heating dials and other comparatively minor items. The bushings and some of the other small items are covered by warranty. So, the real cost is the servicing elements itself.

Question: Take it to BMW of Rockville and let them have at it, or up to Martin's for the service? I have used Martin's in the past for other service and it has worked out well (aside from the tech not road-testing the vehicle when I brought it in for their pre-purchase inspection).

Thoughts?

Thx!
    M
    2001 BMW Z3 3.0 in Cosmos Black Metallic
    1998 M3 Convertible in Cosmos Black Metallic (Triple Black)

I would imagine you might feel less of a hit to the wallet going to Martin's, although many indy shops are charging labor rates similar to dealers. If you have been happy with previous service from Martin's, why not return?
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thanks, John. Am thinking Martin's is the answer. Only reserve is the notion that the dealer is likely to install more factory parts. To your point, Rockville BMW's service quote was "about $700", similar to Martin's. Will advise when the salt is off the road and I am able (read "willing") to drive it over for service! :-)

M

I'm sure you realize that BMW makes few of the parts that are replaced on our cars. While there are certain parts that I will only source from the dealer, OEM parts, often used by independent shops, are as good or the same as the dealer-supplied ones. You just need to know what brand of parts is being used - there is so much offshore junk these days that is not worth installing.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by pilot87178d View Post
    Thanks, John. Am thinking Martin's is the answer. Only reserve is the notion that the dealer is likely to install more factory parts. To your point, Rockville BMW's service quote was "about $700", similar to Martin's. Will advise when the salt is off the road and I am able (read "willing") to drive it over for service! :-)

M
    You can ask Dan Martin if he uses OEM parts which I'm sure he does. He probably has someone running to a local dealership all the time to get OEM parts.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Agree....and, can always inquire on any specific part. Truth is I trust Dan's work, which is why I brought the vehicle to his shop in the first place. Spring is only a few weeks away.....got to be ready to drop the top and enjoy! :-)
    M

Thread Information