Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
How Suspension bushings and modifications affect Autox Classing?

Thread: How Suspension bushings and modifications affect Autox Classing?

How Suspension bushings and modifications affect Autox Classing?

Hi All,

I was doing some suspension repair on my e46 M, and was going to refresh all bushing and mounts as everything will be taken off the car.
    Decided to go with poly sub frame mounts, and was about to install camber arms with rod-ends on the inside, and monoball bushing for the upper/spring arm.
    On the outside both lower control arm and the upper spring arm have OEM ball bearing style bushing so those are out of question.

To get to my point,
    I looked further into what is meant by "Other suspension to Include bushings – Any Non-Metal"? (from the classing link http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?138-Classes).
    I want to make sure I stay legal to TUNER, and not get kicked to MOD because of the rod bearing bushing.

The answer from the autox classing coordinator is:

"Poly bushings are okay. Metal bushings to enable camber plates are okay, but only for camber plates. All other metal bushings would put you in Mod. Also, the adjustable control arms would put you in Mod. "

I am still waiting on clarification about the control arms because in my question I was asking about arms with rod ends (no rubber bushing).
    There are arms which retain the factory rubber bushing on the inside so I believe those should be legal (waiting on confirmation)

Anyone, feel free to comment. Once I have more info, I will update this thread.

I am sure others may have run into similar questions, and hopefully thread will eventually answer all.

Ivan
    Last edited by islavov; 02-24-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Here is some info from a trusted source (Bob Esser - Classing Coordinator):

"Adjustable control arms allowed if only 1 per corner and attached with non metal bushings (such as rubber or delrin)
    Shock mounts can be metallic for both front and rear applications."

In other words,
    whereever there are OEM rubber bushings, they must remain rubber (or delrin or poly), but cannot be replaced to metal/aluminum.
    Looks like solid shock mounts are allowed.

The tricky part for me was the control arms. I almost installed rod bearing ones, glad I asked.

Beware tuners, if you get adjustable arms with rod bearing on the inside you are not really a "tuner" anymore
    Last edited by islavov; 02-25-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Thread Information