Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for BMW Certified mechanic/shop in/near Martinsburg, WV

Thread: Looking for BMW Certified mechanic/shop in/near Martinsburg, WV

Looking for BMW Certified mechanic/shop in/near Martinsburg, WV

I recently moved to Martinsburg, WV and am looking for a certified BMW mechanic/shop in the area. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I would really appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks!
    2008 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i

I've lived in Martinsburg for five years and have not found a BMW-only shop nearby. I assume your car is a Z4? Send me an email to db-production@nccbmwcca.org and maybe I can provide you with more info.

-Raine

Raine - it doesn't have to be a BMW only shop/mechanic. It just has to be a mechanic/shop who has knowledge/has worked on BMWs and has the special tools and expertise to know how to use them. I need the thrust bushings replaced on both sides of my front end and have been informed that there are special tools needed to perform this work (and probably the person needs to know how to use them). I will email you.

Vic - I will check into that place but since the ad was 4 or 5 years ago they may or may not still be in the BMW mechanic business. I will certainly let you know when/if I find someone.

Thanks for the info

P.S. Yes I own a Z4
    Last edited by EvLwMn; 09-20-2014 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Add info

OK everyone, I know this thread is a few months old but since I last posted I have done some homework and have actually had the car worked on.

Opequon Automotive LTD did a BMW inspection and oil change (figured might as well have them do it since they were under there) for me a couple of weeks ago and so far, I am very happy with the service I received. They told me I need to do the front brakes soon so I am going to take it back there in the Jan/Feb time frame and have them do a front brake job.

The main thing I liked about them - other than the fact that the gentleman told me he has been working on BMWs for 19 years and could/was willing to hold an intelligent conversation with me about my car, is that, if you bring in your own parts - as long as they are new, quality parts - they will use your parts instead of requiring you to purchase parts from them/their supplier. Then all they will charge you for is labor. I have run into this problem before where Independent BMW shops would not allow me to purchase and bring my own parts. So for me, this is a HUGE plus as I am very particular about who touches my car AND about the parts used on it. I tend to price shop because I usually upgrade everything from OEM when I repair/replace something, so I definitely like to find my own parts as I more often than not have an idea what parts I want to install. For instance I am going to replace the front rotors with Brembo rotors and the pads with ceramic - not sure which ones yet but for now am leaning towards the Cool Carbon Sport Brakes. So in the long run, if Opequon continues to perform to my expectations - as they have so far - I will continue to use them for the maintenance and repairs I can't do myself.

I will post again once the brake job is done and give you my thoughts.

As a side note, when the rears need done I may do an all around pad/rotor job again and install the Luk Shaffer Black Series Cross drilled rotors with either Performance Friction Z-rated pads or the Akebono Ceramic pads.

So that's your update. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh and FYI - I had the thrust bushings installed by another Indy shop that does NOT specialize in BMWs. I had no choice though as they needed done NOW. The car was at the incredibly dangerous stage and was starting to scare me and it's a good thing I had the work done or I most likely would have had catastrophic mechanical failure. Yes they were that bad. However the only reason I even let them touch it was they allowed me to watch them work and to inspect their work at every stage. So I was sure they did the job right. I would use this shop again for any other make of car, just not for my Bimmer. As stated above, I am very particular about who touches my Bimmer Baby but if I had a second car that was say, a Jeep or a Toyota or something, I would certainly take it to them for work. Mind you I don't question their mechanical expertise. I just wasn't comfortable having them work on a performance car like my Bimmer - or any Bimmer for that matter due to the fact that Bimmers have all of this "special" stuff that requires special expertise.

No problem Vic. If you decide to use them for anything, please let me know how it goes and any thoughts you may have about their performance. I am interested in hearing another person's opinion of them.

Michelle

Thread Information