Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Water pump & Thermostat DIY

Thread: Water pump & Thermostat DIY

Water pump & Thermostat DIY

Sally-Sue's water pump sprang a leak so while I was under the hood I replaced both water pumpand the thermostat which also had a small leak. I'd like to thank Andy Miller for taking time out of his busy Labor day weekend morning to assist me in completing this parking lot DIY. Up next is a passenger side seat belt tensioner and a fog light socket at the upcoming BMW of Annapolis DIY 20 Sept 14. Just my two and a half cents worth...
    Last edited by Zchild; 09-01-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Hopefully it didn't blow while driving
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Nope; I noticed a small puddle of coolant yesterday morning when I was headed out and had a low coolant light. I pulled into a service station and filled the expansion tank before proceeding to my destination. I decided to just repair the leaking water pump and the leaking thermostat while I was in there. It was only a small leak from both parts but Labor Day provided an optimal opportunity.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Good that you had a warning.
    My 96 water pump went without a warning. Luckily I was local and able to pull over safely.
    My 95 radiator developed a small leak giving me notice.
    My 91 water pump started weeping giving me a little notice.

That leaves one more car.
    The 03 Mini. But I did change the t-stat not long ago.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information