Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
VIR Full Course Trackday... Aug. 30th/31st- Registration Open! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: VIR Full Course Trackday... Aug. 30th/31st- Registration Open!

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post
    You should try 130 minutes in 97+ degree heat... .
    on a motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by profbooty View Post
    on a motorcycle
    I do quite a bit on the belt-way! NE1 interested in caravanning down there from FFX?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

One week to go.... Still some spots open in all groups, Especially Advanced and Intermediate...

Come on, you guys are going to miss a great event...
    Track Daze High-Performance Driving
    2008 Schedule avail @ www.trackdaze.com

Quote Originally Posted by gspot35 View Post
    I'm officially in. 100min/day is good, what's the classroom scene like? Scany, are you still interested in hooking up to ride down there? Anyone interested in the karting enduro?
    The end of August came fast this year. I'm definately interested in driving down there together. What time are we looking at? And from where? I come from NorthWest DC, and pretty much anytime works as long as I got my day of work in on Wed. (usually means to 3pm).

Sorry about the late reply..

Since Tech is Wednesday at the track at 05:30 PM, does anyone know how soon we can arrive at the track. I've seen some insane lines into the track for Friday tech with the Mazda Drivers events and would prefer get in early and just wait at the track if possible.

...looking at the entry list, sure wish I was back running in beginner.

I can't say for sure when they will allow us to enter the paddock areas early. There wasn't anyone scheduled to use the track on Wednesday but a private race team rental happened last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by fpol View Post

...looking at the entry list, sure wish I was back running in beginner.
    What does that mean? Hey are you coming from Arlington? Want to caravan down there with Scany and myself?
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

VIR is further away than I initially thought. oups!

I understand the line for Tech can get long... hopefully we'll be there early enough to catch the Wed. registration so I don't have to hassle with it Thurs. morning.

But leaving earlier than 1pm from DC is a bit too early. If you guys wanna meet up after the Beltway on I95 at about 1:30 I might be able to join.

What does that mean? Hey are you coming from Arlington? Want to caravan down there with Scany and myself?
    Beginner has only 10 people - everything above Novice considerably more.

Yes, I'm leaving out of Arlington, but my egress time is kind of sketchy since i had to take care of some Power steering line issues today after my tech and I still have to get a tire mounted. Almost thought I'd have to miss going up Wednesday completely!

Have you guys been to VIR before? Best bet is to keep it within 8 miles of the posted speed south of Richmond. You can get lucky, but...

I guess I'm one of the ten in beginner Never been to any US track before and driven my (or any other for that matter) own car. I've only had a couple of trackdays in Norway around a go-cart track topping 2nd at the most.

Can't wait. Hope to see you guys there.

8mph it is I'm sure there'll be other things to spend money on after this.

Well, I guess I read this a little too late about the 8mph over...got nailed right before I-85 going 71/55. There were absolutely 0 cars around and the LEO was going the other way and doubled back to get me. I really didn't need this expense...anyone know a good traffic lawyer down there?

Had a great time at the event, really a 1st class group of people attending and running the event.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Wow man that sucks. I've seen someone nailed at least once all but one trip I've made. Just put on the radio and chill at a few over.

Glad you enjoyed the event. How did Friday go? I lost my motor in the last session Thursday so that was it for me. Believe it or not, I only just got home (~03:30 PM Saturday!!) after returning the Uhaul. What a nightmare.

If I even have a car year - I may do Trackdaze again up here at Shenandoah/Main, but I think I'm cutting back my ViR trips to MM in June and Car Guys in August - or get a Tarheal if i can.

Had a great time at the event, really a 1st class group of people attending and running the event.
    I wasn't there, but not sure I could would make the above statement about the running of the event. I understand a first timer was allowed out the first session, first day without an instructor and proceeded to roll a Cobra replica at the top of roller coaster. No injuries thankfully. I hope someone can correct this story.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Well then the 50' trailer it pulled up in must have fooled the officials into letting the lady out in the advanced group then. Seriously, it was early in the morning, still a little wet, and she was in atleast intermediate group. I think it was advanced, and it was only a single roll cage so an instructor could not ride. They had the Cobra back out later that day....should mention they wrecked their Porche that afternoon too. Poor rich folks!
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I wasn't there, but not sure I could would make the above statement about the running of the event. I understand a first timer was allowed out the first session, first day without an instructor and proceeded to roll a Cobra replica at the top of roller coaster. No injuries thankfully. I hope someone can correct this story.
    Woody, your statements are incorrect. She was an advanced driver out during the first session for that group on Thursday morning. She rolled the Cobra in T14 and walked away totally unhurt. The car was back on track that afternoon. She was NOT a first timer, she was NOT in a group that used instructors (TrackDaze advanced = NASA HPDE3, i.e. passing anywhere with a point by), and she COULDN'T have had an instructor anyway due to her Cobra's single roll hoop. She was the first one to admit that she made a big mistake all by herself with no other cars around, and the first to tell anyone and everyone that her wreck had NOTHING to do with the event organizers or anything but her own unfortunate error.

I was there, working as Event Director & Control. The above statements are FACTS, not internet rumors. Please send them along to whoever told you otherwise, because their information is wrong.

Thanks,

Jon
    Last edited by getfast; 09-01-2007 at 09:16 PM.

Thread Information