PDA

View Full Version : Lots, first event, etc.

John V
12-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been a bit out of the loop with regard to the '05 season.

Do we have a schedule in line? Do we need to meet to start setting that up? I see Eric has gotten us going for the council event, but what about the rest of the season?

Also, have we contacted the Baysox, Lincoln Tech and Ripken to see about lot availability? We would probably want to do that sooner rather than later. Maybe Kevin can chime in here and help us get going.

John

AlfaEric
12-20-2004, 01:39 PM
John,

We have a tentative schedule on the site right now (check the calendar of events). We still might have to move some things around to reduce conflicts with other events. We should have better dates within the next couple weeks.

---Eric

magnetic1
01-18-2005, 09:12 AM
what's the deal with the rumor that Rosecroft is no longer avail?

AlfaEric
01-18-2005, 09:34 AM
what's the deal with the rumor that Rosecroft is no longer avail?
I think it is still available... It just isn't usable anymore. The pot-holes there have gotten too bad.

---Eric

Doby
01-19-2005, 12:16 PM
They were too bad tooo years ago.

BahnBaum
01-20-2005, 08:52 PM
As a heads up, the GM plant on Broening Highway in Dundalk will be closing at some point in the not too distant future. There appear to be HUGE lots all around the plant. It may not be of use this season, but maybe some point in the future.

It's a lot more convenient to those from the DC area than Ripken; it's just off the first exit past the Fort McHenry tunnel.

Alex

AlfaEric
01-22-2005, 05:18 PM
As a heads up, the GM plant on Broening Highway in Dundalk will be closing at some point in the not too distant future. There appear to be HUGE lots all around the plant. It may not be of use this season, but maybe some point in the future.

It's a lot more convenient to those from the DC area than Ripken; it's just off the first exit past the Fort McHenry tunnel.

Alex
Thanks. Unfortunately the future for that lot is uncertain. The governor is trying to get it donated to them for re-development (http://www.thewbalchannel.com/money/3922447/detail.html).

The governor said he's pressing GM officials to "gift" the 182-acre plant site to Maryland, so the state can try to redevelop it as an office and industrial park.

---Eric

BahnBaum
01-23-2005, 12:47 AM
A neighbor told me he read in my local Harford County newspaper that Ripken was going to stop hosting autocrosses because of the wear and damage to the lot surface. I missed the article, but has anyone else heard anything like this?

It appears that others (Philly SCCA) has dates booked out through 2005 at Ripken, so maybe my neighbor gave me bad information?

Alex

Doby
01-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Half of the truth. I unfortunatly cannot say at this time what's going on, but in the near future. ;)

AlfaEric
02-13-2005, 01:24 PM
The dates (and locations) have been posted. :)

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?autocross

---Eric

1996 328ti
02-13-2005, 04:25 PM
There is plenty of time but at some point I need directions to Ripkin. Try to do it an the same format as the directions to Bowie and Manassas for the sake of continuity.

AlfaEric
02-13-2005, 04:35 PM
There is plenty of time but at some point I need directions to Ripkin. Try to do it an the same format as the directions to Bowie and Manassas for the sake of continuity.
You can put a link to http://ripkenbaseball.com/aberdeen/directions/

I wouldn't post the directions they have from DC... I would just use the directions they use from Baltimore:
Take I-95 NORTH
Continue on I-95 NORTH
Take the MD-22 exit- exit number 85- towards ABERDEEN/CHURCHVILLE.
Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp.
Turn LEFT onto MD-22 W/ABERDEEN TRWY/CHURCHVILLE RD.
MD-22 W/ABERDEEN TRWY/CHURCHVILLE RD becomes MD-22/CHURCHVILLE RD.
Turn RIGHT onto LONG DRIVE.

---Eric

Doby
02-14-2005, 07:54 AM
How about exit I-95 at MD-22 (exit 85) towards Aberdeen.
Left at light for MD-22
At the first light after crossing over I-95 make a right. (Long Dr)
DON'T SPEED DOWN LONG DR.

BahnBaum
02-14-2005, 08:32 AM
How about exit I-95 at MD-22 (exit 85) towards Aberdeen.
Left at light for MD-22
At the first light after crossing over I-95 make a right. (Long Dr)
DON'T SPEED DOWN LONG DR.

Perfect.

In fact, how about something in the autox section of the website that addresses the whole issue of the value of respecting the host site and the neighborhoods around it by driving responsibly and maturely.

Alex

AlfaEric
02-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Perfect.

In fact, how about something in the autox section of the website that addresses the whole issue of the value of respecting the host site and the neighborhoods around it by driving responsibly and maturely.

Alex
Sounds good to me... Are you volunteering to write it? :)

---Eric

BahnBaum
02-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Sounds good to me... Are you volunteering to write it? :)

---Eric
How's this for a dad-like statement:

In order for us to continue to enjoy autocrossing throughout the area, it is important that all autocross participants and their guests understand how important it is to act in a manner that reflects our image as a safe and responsible organization. The primary means of doing this is to insist that everyone associated with our events drive as responsible and mature adults not just on the autocross course, but more importantly on the grounds of the host site and in the surrounding neighborhoods. One immature driver can cause the entire group to lose the use of what are increasingly becoming rare and valuable: our autocross venues. We ask that our members and their guests take on the mission of self-policing, and eliminate any of this sort of immature behavior before it results in the loss of one of our host sites.

Alex

AlfaEric
02-14-2005, 02:39 PM

In order for us to continue to enjoy autocrossing throughout the area, it is important that all autocross participants and their guests understand how important it is to act in a manner that reflects our image as a safe and responsible organization. The primary means of doing this is to insist that everyone associated with our events drive as responsible and mature adults not just on the autocross course, but more importantly on the grounds of the host site and in the surrounding neighborhoods. One immature driver can cause the entire group to lose the use of what are increasingly becoming rare and valuable: our autocross venues. We ask that our members and their guests take on the mission of self-policing, and eliminate any of this sort of immature behavior before it results in the loss of one of our host sites.

Alex
Looks good to me. Thanks! Anyone else have suggestions/input?

---Eric

NoSoup4U
02-14-2005, 02:42 PM

Alex

First sentence - redundant and too wordy.
Second sentence - run-on

:p

Just kidding. Nice; but, no one will read it. It's too long.

NoSoup4U
02-14-2005, 02:47 PM
WITH EDITS. I just eliminated wording and revised a bit.

It is important that autocross participants and guests act in a manner that is safe and responsible. We insist that everyone drive responsibly to and from the autocross venue. One immature act can result in loss of the venue itself. Please drive responsibly.

BahnBaum
02-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Second sentence - run-on

Agreed and agreed and agreed. How's this:

In order for us to continue autocrossing throughout our region, all participants and their guests must understand how important it is to act in a manner that reflects our image as a safe and responsible organization. We insist that everyone associated with our events drive responsibly not just during the event, but more importantly on the grounds of the host site and it's surrounding neighborhoods. We ask everyone to self-police, and eliminate any immature behavior before it results in the loss of one of our host sites.

Alex

AlfaEric
02-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Second sentence - run-on

Should I even comment on the fact you of all people complained about the length of something written? :p

Maybe we could have it sent as part of the registration confirmation. We could hide their registration # within it so everyone is forced to read it. :)

Actually, we could re-arrange it a little so it starts with what we are asking people to do (drive responsibly and ask their guests to do so also) then follow with the reasons.

Dang... You guys type fast. I just hit preview and notice you had already replied... Oh well, I don't feel like editing my post.

---Eric

BahnBaum
02-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Our edits crossed. Yours is shorter, so it's prolly better.

I always thought you guys got paid by the word....

:smile:

Alex

AlfaEric
02-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Our edits crossed. Yours is shorter, so it's prolly better.

I always thought you guys got paid by the word....

:smile:

Alex
I liked the self-police section in the original or we should recommend people mention this to their guests. I believe most of our members are already aware of the issues but sometimes their guests aren't.

---Eric

BahnBaum
02-14-2005, 03:46 PM
I liked the self-police section in the original or we should recommend people mention this to their guests. I believe most of our members are already aware of the issues but sometimes their guests aren't.

---Eric

You choose. I'd just like to see it somewhere, and whenever possible we reference it.

Alex

AlfaEric
02-14-2005, 03:56 PM
You choose. I'd just like to see it somewhere, and whenever possible we reference it.

Alex
How about if we just change the last line?

It is important that autocross participants and guests act in a manner that is safe and responsible. We insist that everyone drive responsibly to and from the autocross venue. One immature act can result in loss of the venue itself. Please make sure you and your guests drive responsibly.

---Eric

NoSoup4U
02-14-2005, 04:02 PM
How about if we just change the last line?

It is important that autocross participants and guests act in a manner that is safe and responsible. We insist that everyone drive responsibly to and from the autocross venue. One immature act can result in loss of the venue itself. Please self-police your guests and drive responsibly.

---Eric

Edited.

AlfaEric
02-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Edited.
I like it.

---Eric

BahnBaum
02-14-2005, 05:07 PM
I like it.

---Eric

Looks good.

Alex

1996 328ti
02-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Sorry. I lost track. What is the final version?

And Eric, the registration form and script will reside in your testdirectory so you can make changes as needed. The registration willpullyour script and form. I just added a date modified script to thebottom the page.

AlfaEric
02-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Sorry. I lost track. What is the final version?

I think this one will work:

It is important that autocross participants and guests act in a manner that is safe and responsible. We insist that everyone drive responsibly to and from the autocross venue. One immature act can result in loss of the venue itself. Please self-police your guests and drive responsibly.

And Eric, the registration form and script will reside in your testdirectory so you can make changes as needed. The registration willpullyour script and form. I just added a date modified script to thebottom the page.
Thanks Steven. Looks like I have a little work ahead of me.

---Eric

1996 328ti
02-15-2005, 02:30 AM
Thanks Steven. Looks like I have a little work ahead of me.

---EricNot really. A lot more work is complete than as of last year at this time.

AlfaEric
02-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Not really. A lot more work is complete than as of last year at this time.
Just lots of little things. Right now the form isn't pointing to the correct directory for submitting anymore (404 error). I'll take a look at it tonight if I have time.

---Eric

1996 328ti
02-15-2005, 09:23 AM
My fault!
I'll fix it tonight.
I think the thank you page my be the one causing the error.

AlfaEric
02-15-2005, 10:06 AM
My fault!
I'll fix it tonight.
I think the thank you page my be the one causing the error.
No big deal, the submit portion just needs to be repointed to the proper address.

---Eric

Doby
02-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Bart Simpson registered not that long ago. :)

AlfaEric
02-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Bart Simpson registered not that long ago. :)
Registration wasn't open yet and his membership # didn't match. :p

---Eric

1996 328ti
02-15-2005, 08:56 PM
No big deal, the submit portion just needs to be repointed to the proper address.
All fixed. I needed the full path where the script was located.

Nick325xiT 5spd
02-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Here's my suggestion:

Don't drive like assholes around our autox lots if you want to keep autoxing.

Doby
02-15-2005, 09:33 PM
How about watching the language in the forums?

Nick325xiT 5spd
02-15-2005, 11:47 PM
How about watching the language in the forums?
This from the guy with that signature pic? :dunno: