PDA

View Full Version : Golf Outing Registration is up and running!!!

pseto
04-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Hurry, only a limited amount of slots are available for our golf outing. See link below for registration and please indicate in the comments section who you wish to be paired with. Otherwise, all pairings will be left to my discretion :D

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=97,1257,0,0,1,0

pseto
04-02-2008, 08:42 PM
I have finalized the date/time/location of our 1st annual NCC golf outing:

Date: Saturday, May 31, 2008
Time: 1:00p
43237 Golf View Dr, South Riding, VA 20152

http://www.southridinggc.com/view.asp?id=128&page=4210

Format: Scramble
Cost: $30 NCC members. $50 non-members (NCC will subsidize $20/head for each member; non-members will pay full price).

Our golf outing includes green fees, cart, practice balls, BBQ dinner, and dedicated parking. We'll probably hang out with the cars after golf/food too, so bring your cameras!!!

This will NOT be a handicapped event, just a leisurely afternoon playing a great game in a non-competitive environment. Its all about fun!!!

This event will be first come, first serve, with a maximum of 32 players. Slots will be filled first by NCC members, followed by non-members.

Registration: The link to register is above. Please plan to register online and then send me a check made out to 'NCC BMW CCA'. I need all payments by Thursday, May 15th, so please take US post office delivery times into account.

Please indicate in the comments section who you want to be paired with; if left blank, I'll pair you up randomly.

Also, anyone wanting to donate prizes for this event, please let me know. I’m currently working on these, and the more, the better.

A special thanks to fellow NCC member, Willie Lutz, who also happens to be the PGA professional at South Riding. He's been wanting to show us his newly restored e30

My2005_745Li
04-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Mailed my check today.

Will we receive some sort of confirmation from you when the payment's been received? That would be nice.

pseto
04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
sure, i'll let everyone know

pseto
04-15-2008, 12:42 PM
bump...so far I have 14 people registered (halfway there), although some still have not sent me their check.

it looks like I'll have a bunch of great door prizes and raffles since I'm getting some good cooperation from local vendors :D

for those on the fence, JUST DO IT!!!

Don't forget that this event is also open to non-NCC members, so get your golf buddies out there too.

pseto
04-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Another update, I currently have 18 registered golfers and 9 checks. I'm sure I'll be getting the other 9 checks very soon (hint hint), but this also means that we're close to capacity :)

Only 6 more spots open and preference will go to those who send in their check to me first. Also, I go to all the socials, so you can also pay me face-to-face if you come on out.

pseto
04-25-2008, 08:21 PM
only 2 more spots left and everyone else after that will be waitlisted.

pseto
04-26-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm also looking for 1-2 members to help with registration & picture taking. These folks will NOT play in the golf outing, but be responsible to get everyone parked in the right place, checked in, hand out goodies, and take plenty of pictures. I'm sure they'll be other responsibilities when I think of them. We'll get you a golf cart for you to ride around in too :)

pseto
04-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Also, if anyone is interested in a rally from somewhere in MD to White's Ferry and to South Riding, I can plot it out over the next few days. I'm thinking of meeting somewhere like Montgomery Mall around 9a and leaving from there

Scany
04-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Also, if anyone is interested in a rally from somewhere in MD to White's Ferry and to South Riding, I can plot it out over the next few days. I'm thinking of meeting somewhere like Montgomery Mall around 10a and leaving from there

I can meet up at Montgomery Mall.

e39bimmer
04-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Just checking, did you get my check for the foursome?

pseto
04-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Just checking, did you get my check for the foursome?

yep

pseto
05-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Thought I'd post the email I sent to everyone last week:

I'd like to say thanks for signing up for our 1st annual NCC golf outing. I anticipate many more to come in the future, and possibly maybe another in the Fall.

Just a couple of things I want to mention since we're very close to having a full event.

1) I have received payment for the vast majority of you, but there are some who have yet to send me their check. The deadline is in 2 weeks, Thur, May 15th (Zodiac social). You can either send me a check or see me at all 3 socials this month (hint...I'm trying to see a few more new faces. plus, who doesn't like eating, drinking, and talking about cars:))

2) I have also received many requests for pairings. If you do not send me who you want to be paired with, then I will randomly put you in a foursome.

3) For those who are not a part of the NCC message board, please sign up and tell me your screen name. I also post updated information about this outing, so its kinda important to check every now and then. The link below is the main Spring 08 golf thread.

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=3984

4) I'm looking for a few volunteers to help assist me and South Riding make our event run as smooth as possible. The responsibilities include, but not limited to the following: handling registration, picture taking, hand out goodie bags, parking enforcement, and whatever else I can think of. They will NOT play in the event, but I will provide a golf cart for them to get around the course. Anyone wanting to volunteer their spouse or kids would be great :) No golf knowledge is necessary, but it has some level of responsibility.

5) If anyone is interested in a rally to the course, please respond to the thread as well. We will meet at Montgomery Mall at 9am, get breakfast, and drive to South Riding via historic White's Ferry. According to Mapquest, its 50 miles and 1.5 hrs. For those who have not ridden the ferry, it connects Poolesville, MD to Leesburg, VA over the Potomac River (see link below). Its $4 one way, and $6 round trip; but after a long day, I'll probably just take the quickest way home, so I'll get a one-way pass. It's a great photo opportunity, so bring your cameras :D

http://www.historicwhitesferry.com/

Finally, I just wanna plug all the great events we have going on in the chapter. Obviously as Social Chairman, I love seeing club members almost every week at our 3 socials. Every 1st Thur, we're somewhere in Northern VA, 2nd Thur are in Columbia, MD, and 3rd Thur is in Gaithersburg, MD. Check the NCC calendar for more details.

We also have various car shows, auto cross, DIYs, tours, Driver's school, and our annual Fall Meet coming up this year, so hope to see you out there. Everyone pays their dues, so come on out and see what your dues are being used for. We're still the largest chapter in the US with one of the highest participation rate, but I still think many don't know about all our programs. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/

Please pass this to others who you may have signed up where I didn't get an email address for them.

pseto
05-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Just checking in. As of today, we have a full event with only 2 people remaining who have yet to pay. Payment deadline is Thur, May 15th (Zodiac social).

Only a few weeks left before we tee off and I look forward to it. Been trying to play as much as I can to get my swing back, but shouldn't take much longer. Anyone else out there playing/practicing?

Been making pretty good progress on door prizes, I think everyone will be very pleased. We have a few dealerships that have been very generous to sponsor our event. Anyone else wanting to sponsor or throw in some prizes, please let me know.

I will post the pairings soon.

e39bimmer
05-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Plan on playing a round in Puerto Rico next weekend. That might be the extent of my practicing.

pseto
05-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Last word before I see all of you this Sat. I didn't get a good response for a rally (only 3 people), so I am just gonna cancel that and we'll just all meet at the course.

Please be at South Riding no later than 12p noon, so that we can get everyone parked correctly and registered. We have our own dedicated parking section,
so please make sure you park in the correct place. We'll have people directing traffic as well.

Plus, range balls are included so we can hit some balls before we play. Also, check out the South Riding website for dress codes, directions, etc.

http://www.southridinggc.com/view.asp?id=128&page=4210

Just to make sure that everyone is clear on what the plan is for the day, here's the agenda:

Agenda
12:00p Assigned parking
12:15p Registration
12:30p Practice range
1:00p 1st tee time
6:00p Dinner/Social

Here are the pairings:

Team Name
1 Willie Lutz
Andy MacLean
Vacant

2 Paul Seto
John Walker
Greg Lill

3 Scott Zweibel
Steve Park
Tosh Sondh
Dave Lackey

4 Ando Shin
Simon Kim
Dennis Follett
Anders Skandsen

5 Dean Meyer
Chris Dooley
John Staudt
Tom Rose

6 Scott Ganz
John Cheng
Phillip Cummings
Kevin Cummings

7 Tom West
Donna West
Doug Miller
Brooks Miller

8 Marc Sandler
Joseph Concaugh
Jose Martin
Ray Aylor

Volunteers
Lindsey Itle
Jeanine Walker

We are also very lucky to have 2 volunteers that will help get everyone parked and registered, as well as being our official photographers and general
assistance throughout the day. They are expected to arrive early at 11am so we can brief everyone about what expectations will be.

I want to thank everyone again for participating in our 1st Annual Spring Golf Outing (hope to have a Fall event this year too) and please feel free to ask
whatever questions/concerns you may have. I look forward to our event and many more to come.

pseto
05-29-2008, 09:38 AM
only 2 days away!!! weather forecast looks pretty good, although there's a 40% chance of a shower. bring some rain gear just in case :)

and sunscreen!!!

Wildcats64
05-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Paul:

What's the story if we get rained out tomorrow since they are calling for thunderstorms on Sat. afternoon? Do you have a make up date from South Riding GC?

Dennis

pseto
05-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Paul:

What's the story if we get rained out tomorrow since they are calling for thunderstorms on Sat. afternoon? Do you have a make up date from South Riding GC?

Dennis

no official rain date, but we'll come up with one if we're rained out.

pseto
05-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Well, mother nature took its toll today and we were rained out :(

As the first group out, I was able to finish 2 holes, but ended up taking cover from the rain/lightning in the tunnel on the way to hole #3. Some of you guys probably stayed dry :)

We have re-scheduled the golf outing to Sat, July 19th, same place, same time. Unfortunately thats the only weekend I had free over the next 2 months due to other commitments. I will keep everyone's check assuming you can make the new date. If you can not, please PM me, and I'll refund your money (this may open the door for others who may like the new date).

Great to meet a bunch of new faces and hopefully you can make it out to our other events as well (Tyson's social next Thur).

1996 328ti
05-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, mother nature took its toll today and we were rained out :(
Sounds like NASCAR. :confused:

Rain is the great equalizer.

e39bimmer
06-02-2008, 09:32 AM
As of now my foursome is in for July 19th.

That was some storm that came through......

woodym3
06-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Do between our golf tourney, autocross, and Jefferson Circuit drivers school, only the DS was able to complete the day.

Wildcats64
06-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Paul:

I thought that you did a great job at organizing the tournament & look forward to playing on July 19th. The golf course looked real good, what I saw of it since our foursome didn't even finish the 1st hole before the monsoon hit us. I did stay with a couple of the guys until about 4 pm talking about cars, etc.

Dennis

Scany
07-11-2008, 01:38 PM
On the 19th, are we playing scramble? Last time it turned around to an ordinary individual round of golf. I think scramble is good and fun; less pressure and more social :)

pseto
07-11-2008, 03:42 PM
On the 19th, are we playing scramble? Last time it turned around to an ordinary individual round of golf. I think scramble is good and fun; less pressure and more social :)

at first i thought a scramble would be great, but at the request of some, i decided against it. i'll leave it up to the majority to choose the format, so everyone can post their preference.

e39bimmer
07-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Either works. Just played in a captain's choice today out at Virginia National.

pseto
07-14-2008, 01:32 PM
anyone wanna chime in? if some groups want to play captain's choice and some wanted to just play stroke play, we can handle both. just let me know what groups wanna do and i can setup the pairings appropriately.

Wildcats64
07-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Paul:

I would opt for a scramble format because I really don't play more than about 4-5 rounds a year beteween going to Kitty Hawk , NC & Mrtyle Beach, SC.

Dennis Follett

filmateleven
07-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Scrambles are good if you have golfers of varied abilities, but even then you need to make sure the groupings are balanced. A loaded team will still run away with it. Other formats may require some handicapping and that can get messy. You guys know this group better than I do so I defer to your judgment. I just want to play golf!!!:cool:

pseto
07-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Scrambles are good if you have golfers of varied abilities, but even then you need to make sure the groupings are balanced. A loaded team will still run away with it. Other formats may require some handicapping and that can get messy. You guys know this group better than I do so I defer to your judgment. I just want to play golf!!!:cool:

this was my thoughts all along as i knew we'd get a wide variety of playing levels. i've played in plenty of tournaments where people give their handicaps and sandbag it to a victory. the winning scores would end up being -16 and that was GROSS!!!!

not that anyone here would do that, but i didn't want that to even come up. since this is the first event (with hopefully many more to come), i decided on stroke play, but i'm still open to comments.

pseto
07-15-2008, 09:41 AM
To all,

Our golf outing is finally here and the weather forecast looks great! Looks like almost everyone will be able to make this Saturday, although we did fill a few spots.
The setup will be the same as the last time, please try to get to the course NO LATER THAN 11:45a!!! Anyone who can not make this event, please let me know ASAP (no more people on the waitlist).

We will have the same assigned parking area (far right hand area upon entrance to the course). Registration will take place under the pavillion (hopefully everyone
still has their Pro V1s and divot tool :D, b/c we won't have anymore golf balls to hand out, with the exception of the newbies).

We still have a bunch of door prizes, so make sure you get your tickets at registration.

We will also have the same 2 volunteers who have decided to assist again. They will be helping with registration, picture taking, and other stuff to make the day go
as smooth as possible. However, this doesn't mean you can't bring your own cameras; feel free to take and post your pictures as well.

Agenda

Here are the pairings:

Team Name
1 Willie Lutz (co-host)
Andy MacLean
Stefan Kronenberg
Brian Hair

2 Paul Seto (co-host)
John Walker
Dennis Follett

3 Scott Zweibel
Steve Park
Tosh Sondh
Dave Lackey

4 Ando Shin
Simon Kim
Stephan Plescow
Dan Kim

5 Dean Meyer
Chris Dooley
John Staudt
Tom Rose

6 Scott Ganz
John Cheng
Phillip Cummings
Kevin Cummings

7 Tom West
Donna West
Eric Shott
David Costanza

8 Randy Feldman
Anders Skandsen
Martin Jose
Ray Aylor

Volunteers
Lindsey Itle
Jeanine Walker

pseto
07-18-2008, 09:34 AM
A few changes to the parings, but this should be the final roster. My printer broke, can someone bring this list tomorrow?

Its gonna be HOT out there tomorrow, so wear plenty of sunscreen and drink plenty of fluids!!!

Team Name
1 Willie Lutz
Andy MacLean
Stefan Kronenberg
Brian Hair

2 Paul Seto
John Walker
Dennis Follett

3 Scott Zweibel
Steve Park
Tosh Sondh
Dave Lackey

4 Ando Shin
Simon Kim
Stephan Plescow
Dan Kim

5 Dean Meyer
Chris Dooley
John Staudt
Tom Rose

6 Scott Ganz
John Cheng
Phillip Cummings
Kevin Cummings

7 Tom West
Donna West
Eric Shott
David Costanza

8 Randy Feldman
Anders Skandsen
Martin Jose
Ray Aylor

Also, i wanna get everyone together before we tee off, so let's meet at 12:45p. Here's the revised agenda:

Agenda
12:45p Announcements

Volunteers
Lindsey Itle
Jeanine Walker

Psi5
07-20-2008, 04:43 PM
A few changes to the parings, but this should be the final roster. My printer broke, can someone bring this list tomorrow?

Its gonna be HOT out there tomorrow, so wear plenty of sunscreen and drink plenty of fluids!!!

Paul,

Great job yesterday - thanks for organizing the event. Having planned multiple Fall Tours, I know how much work goes into making such events a success. Keep me on the list for the next one and I hope to see you, and others from the golf outing, on the Fall Tour.

David

pseto
07-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all the praise everyone, but I could have gotten it done without everyone wanting to participate. Special thanks to fellow club member, Willie Lutz, and his wonderful assistance in making this outing go very smoothly.

Also, our sponsors, Russel BMW and Tischer BMW, contributed more than $1000 worth of giveaways. Also, fellow members, Doug and Brooks Miller, could not make it out on Sat, but still were able to contribute brake pads, hats, tshirts, and other items.

Enjoy the pics

pseto
07-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Love the rides

pseto
07-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Car lineup before we tee off

pseto
07-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Preparing to tee off

pseto
07-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Some nice golf swings, some NOT so nice golf swings :D

pseto
07-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Did that just go out of bounds?

pseto
07-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Fore!!!! Damn, its HOT!!!

pseto
07-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Staying hydrated on a hot day

pseto
07-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Lead group partying in the fairway

pseto
07-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Our cars....this is why we get together

pseto
07-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Some complimentary butt shots

pseto
07-20-2008, 08:06 PM
some very tastefully modded cars...why is there always a rogue truck owner trying to break up the party?

pseto
07-20-2008, 08:11 PM
coming down the home stretch

pseto
07-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Willie's e30 M3 was my favorite...what a pristine car.

1996 328ti
07-20-2008, 08:32 PM
You know, we have a photo gallery. ;)

http://gallery.nccbmwcca.org/showgallery.php?cat=619

martinj
07-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Great event guys!, looking forward to the next one. Also want to say 'hey' to my playing group Ray, Randy, and Anders. I don't think we'll ever play as well as we did in holes 15 to 17, that was just some awesome golf. ;-0.

1 more thing, for Willie, don't forget to hit me up when you decide to sell the black e30, your cars are awesome man!

e39bimmer
07-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Great event. Thanks for putting this together. Look forward to doing it again this fall.

Now I want an e30 M3......... Red of course. What a beautiful car.

FrankoQ
07-29-2008, 07:50 AM
nice pics!