PDA

View Full Version : Feb Columbia Social at Houlihan's - re-schedule?

pseto
01-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Since the 2nd Thursday in Feb falls on Valentine's Day, I've had requests to re-schedule to another day.

Here are my thoughts and choices:

1) Wed, Feb 13th - hump day anyone? will still be at Houlihan's

2) Sat, Feb 16th - people have asked why not have a social on the weekend, although we may need a new venue (probably back to the Turtle if they take weekend reservations)

3) Thur, Feb 28th - move to 4th Thur of the month since none are scheduled then, still at Houlihan's

4) Another day in Feb - you tell me what day

FrankoQ
01-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Wednesday 13.

Zchild
01-16-2008, 06:49 PM
:icon_blah I would love Wednesday, however that's the day of the Board Meeting in Alexandria, VA, hosted by Mr. Tim Wesling; our Presidential candidate. Therefore, my vote is Saturday afternoon 16 Feb 08. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
:icon_poke

Clarese
01-16-2008, 08:41 PM
We'll be out of town on the 28th. Any of the other choices are fine.

pseto
01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
:icon_blah I would love Wednesday, however that's the day of the Board Meeting in Alexandria, VA, hosted by Mr. Tim Wesling; our Presidential candidate. Therefore, my vote is Saturday afternoon 16 Feb 08. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...

Damn, I forgot about that, I guess if the 13th is picked, I may need someone to host.

SpongeBob
01-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Damn, I forgot about that, I guess if the 13th is picked, I may need someone to host.

I do not believe a conflict with the NCCBMWCCA Board Meeting is proper. That is the reason Thursday evenings were originally structured for social events. Would suggest another day or cancel the February Social in Columbia... Please note that the January Board Meeting was cancelled due to the January 19, 2008 event.

pseto
01-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Feb board mtg is now on the 20th, so all the dates above are now fair game.

Zchild
01-20-2008, 04:48 PM
:icon_blah After receiving an Email from the New President with his wishes to have the first Board Meeting of his administration on 20 Feb, I wish to change the vote of One third of the Columbia Maryland Mafia. The Early April Way BMW Family wishes to support Wednesday 13 Feb, be there or sleep wit the fishes... Just our two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring you's guy's.

pseto
01-20-2008, 07:43 PM
let's keep voting so we can make a decision by the middle of this week.
I know we have more than 7 'regulars' so please pick a date.

pseto
01-31-2008, 10:14 PM
voting will end this weekend, so please get your votes in ASAP.

with Zach changing his vote, Wed, Feb 13th is leading 4-2. anyone who wants Sat better vote now or forever hold your peace :)

japac1
02-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Either Wednesday or Saturday is fine. I just voted for Saturday for some competition!! For Saturday how about an earlier time such as 4 pm? Truly a happy hour...

pseto
02-01-2008, 08:24 AM
if Sat is chosen, 4pm sounds good to me.

I'm starting to lean towards Sat too, a weekend social sounds intriguing.

is this a way of having more hours to drink? :)

Biggins
02-01-2008, 03:37 PM
I picked Wednesday... weekends aren't good for me, especially that weekend. I'd be interested for a weekend date if we went to some place in Fells Point or downtown. I doubt it'd be convenient for photos/parking, but I don't know?

Zchild
02-03-2008, 04:04 PM
:icon_blah Oh yeah, I must have been brain dead when I even suggested that Saturday was even remotely a good day for a Social because I forgot the Feb DIY is on the 16th at Convenience Car Care in Manassas, VA and I'm the host, therefore I'll be there until at least 5:00PM and its a least an hour back to Columbia from there. I'm only in if we do this on Wednesday, I personally can't do Saturday the 16th unless its after 7:00PM. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...

pseto
02-03-2008, 10:56 PM
looks like with Zach changing his vote, we're on for Wed, Feb 13th