PDA

View Full Version : Ktowne - Kings Street Blues NCC Happy Hour Thursday Sept. 6 at 7pm

FrankoQ
08-23-2007, 09:17 PM
The NCC will host a Happy Hour in VA starting in September.
This will be a monthly social event the first Thursday of the month.

Details:
Where: Kings Street Blues
Date: September 6
Time: 7:00PM

Come out and see some cool cars, meet fellow BMW owners.

See you there.

NOTE: Location changed from Chipotle to King Street Blues due to the anticipated crowd.

lax01
08-25-2007, 01:07 PM
lol Chipotle??? How is this going to work? 15 different charges on your CC?

1996 328ti
08-26-2007, 07:30 PM
lol Chipotle??? How is this going to work? 15 different charges on your CC?
Generally it's one tab.

FrankoQ
08-27-2007, 12:53 PM
There are 15 people already confirmed from e90post.com
As I understand, the place can change for future meets.

What's important is that we are starting the VA Happy Hour. :icon_danc

pseto
08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
how is Zach gonna handle the tab? maybe he should eat with 1 hand and just stand by the counter with his credit card in the other hand :D

lax01
08-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Generally it's one tab.

have you ever been to Chipotle? lol

1996 328ti
08-27-2007, 03:19 PM
have you ever been to Chipotle? lolNope. I'm more of a Guapos fan. But what would you expect by a restaurant owned by McDonalds. :)

Zchild
08-27-2007, 04:49 PM
how is Zach gonna handle the tab? maybe he should eat with 1 hand and just stand by the counter with his credit card in the other hand :D
:icon_blah I need everyone to pump your brakes, number one I don't live in The Commonwealth of Virginia. Two, I'm not the Host of this social. Three, this social shouldn't depend upon my credit card. I attend the Zodiac social and another club members credit card is used because I'm not the host. At the Green Turtle my credit card is used because I'm the HOST. I plan as always to participate in all social and other events held by the club, however I'm not willing to be responsible for all events financially, especially those not in my state.
:icon_poke

lax01
08-27-2007, 05:09 PM
So who is the host?

Biggins
08-27-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm just a little curious about a couple things...

What/where is Ktowne? I thought I knew noVA pretty well, but is Ktowne a shopping center or another neighborhood in Arlington? A Google of Ktowne VA only brings up this thread and Kim Towne in Ohio. Maybe I'm just overlooking something, but I've never heard of Ktowne VA. Help!

Does this Chipotle have a bar area or are there bars nearby for some place to go afterwards? I might want to meet up with college friends if this is near Arlington.

Zchild
08-27-2007, 05:33 PM
So who is the host?
:icon_blah I believe Alvin should be the host for this social, but I can't officially speak for him. He's the individual who is responsible for selecting the spot. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring... :icon_poke

Biggins
08-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Hmm... if I don't have a game, I think I'll try to make the trek.

Zchild
08-27-2007, 06:32 PM
:icon_blah I believe Alvin should be the host for this social, but I can't officially speak for him. He's the individual who is responsible for selecting the spot. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring... :icon_poke
After speaking with Alvin, I will host The Kick-off Commonwealth of Virginia social on 06 September 2K7 at Chipolte's in Kingstowne. In short I will be there with my credit card to pay for all of the festivities to include food and drink. I will be hosting this initial kick-off, however for future Commonwealth socials will need to be hosted by a member of the NCC from Virginia. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...

FrankoQ
08-27-2007, 06:48 PM
After speaking with Alvin, I will host The Kick-off Commonwealth of Virginia social on 06 September 2K7 at Chipolte's in Kingstowne. In short I will be there with my credit card to pay for all of the festivities to include food and drink. I will be hosting this initial kick-off, however for future Commonwealth socials will need to be hosted by a member of the NCC from Virginia. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gifhttp://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gifhttp://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
Thanks Zach. We really appreciate you kicking this off.
We will have someone else host future HHs. I will volunteer to do it if needed
and I don't live in VA either http://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

ase2dais
08-27-2007, 08:03 PM
The NCC will host a Happy Hour in VA starting in September.
This will be a monthly social event the first Thursday of the month.

Details:
Where: Chipotle of Ktowne.
Date: September 6
Time: 7:00PM

Come out and see some cool cars, meet fellow BMW owners, eat some awesome free burritos, and drink some beer or something else if you can’t do beer.

See you there.

Thanks Zach. We really appreciate you kicking this off.

We will have someone else host future HHs. I will volunteer to do it if needed

and I don't live in VA either

thks for the post Frankq, and especially thnks to our board VP for formally announcing this Va HH at the Aug Board Meeting.

Where they got the date? hmmm maybe from the norms they've set for HH

Where they got the place? maybe from lurking at e90 mbrs most popular HH GTG place set by the few active mbrs.

Nevertheless, seems like its a go, based on last minute coordination. If the nos. of attending is over the expection, Im sure the core-problem solver got evrything on hand to handle matters smoothly and effectively

I agree Z! dont sweat the small stuff

1996 328ti
08-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Event has been moved to

Kings Street Blues
5810 Kingstowne Center,
Kingstowne, VA 22315
(Located 1.4 miles South of the beltway - at the Van Dorn Street exit.)
Phone: (703) 313-0400

Directions:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&address=5810+Kingstowne+Center,&city=Kingstowne&state=VA&zipcode =

FrankoQ
08-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks Steven for making the edits to the location.

1996 328ti
08-31-2007, 05:55 AM
Thanks Steven for making the edits to the location.That's why I make the big bucks. :biggrin:

woodym3
08-31-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm just a little curious about a couple things...

What/where is Ktowne? I thought I knew noVA pretty well, but is Ktowne a shopping center or another neighborhood in Arlington? A Google of Ktowne VA only brings up this thread and Kim Towne in Ohio. Maybe I'm just overlooking something, but I've never heard of Ktowne VA. Help!

Does this Chipotle have a bar area or are there bars nearby for some place to go afterwards? I might want to meet up with college friends if this is near Arlington.

Ktowne is really Kingstowne. I think it's a large development (Reston wannabe?) south of Alexandria. Knowing Chipotle is owned by McDonalds, I too wonder if they have a bar with a good selection of taps. I've been in too many chain places where the waitress says, "Oh we have a good selection of beers. Bud Light, Miller Light, Coors Light, Mick Light, etc."

lax01
08-31-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm going to try to make it to this...

ase2dais
08-31-2007, 10:46 AM
thats correct Woody. Kingstowne is south of Van Dorn intersecting Franconcia East of Springfield Metro/Fairfax pkway.

A small Reston wannabe but very progressive. Here are photos of the area just to get yourself familiar to the place. The e90post NCC guys hang out there frequently.

We are expecting a crowd of 20+ so pls arrive on time since the mgr said the patio is a very popular place. It a much better venue than the small and crowded parking of Chipotle

Al

maruscmn
08-31-2007, 08:29 PM
I'll be there and I will bring a possible new recruit.

Mike

FrankoQ
09-01-2007, 08:40 AM
I keep hearing the rack of ribs are GOOOOOOD at that place!

ase2dais
09-02-2007, 04:52 PM
the VP better show up

lolz

1996 328ti
09-02-2007, 05:48 PM
the VP better show up

lolzHey, you are the guys driving brand new cars. :biggrin:

vagabond
09-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Would this hh be a good forum to get the last few applicants needed to get the Viginia CCA plates going? If I'm not mistaken, there are only a few to go...

1996 328ti
09-04-2007, 06:04 AM
Would this hh be a good forum to get the last few applicants needed to get the Viginia CCA plates going? If I'm not mistaken, there are only a few to go...I bet many have already signed up. Roughly the number is 352. I think it needs to be a bit higher since some have probably moved or no longer interested.

FrankoQ
09-04-2007, 10:00 AM
I bet many have already signed up. Roughly the number is 352. I think it needs to be a bit higher since some have probably moved or no longer interested.

I'm sure someone can make a public announcement. :)

lax01
09-06-2007, 07:14 PM
sorry I missed it...work ran late and Kingstowne is FAR

Zchild
09-06-2007, 09:25 PM
:icon_blah The turn-out was awesome, I believe we had 30 club members at this social. We talked up the Picnic, Fall Event and the Fall Tour. We had about an even split of Marylanders and Virginians, the food was great and the company was even better. Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
:icon_poke

ase2dais
09-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Yeah! +1

If these folks happy folks are just a sampling of the much more we will see at the Wolftrap BMW Fall Meet, therefore we are excited to see each other again:

here's the First Va Side HH GTG Photos taken:
(pls if you have more pls share it)
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82351

maruscmn
09-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Thanks for putting on a great event! Looking forward to the next one!

Mike

ase2dais
09-07-2007, 07:28 AM
I was in friendly territory when I saw those M3s Mike. the Va NCC e90 folks are suggesting maybe Guapos at Shirlington and others places for the next Va HH.

As you know the NCC Va folks are spearheading this Oct BMW Fall Meet, would like everyones support and participation this Oct 21 at Wolftrap and Passport: the discussion is here
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77365
and the NCC Online pre-registration will open up before the weekend of 16Sep

Al

FrankoQ
09-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Fantastic turn out.
Amazing food. I could only handle half a rack of ribs.
Sam Adams!!!
Nice to meet so many new faces.

See you at the next HH!

maruscmn
09-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I was full this morning! I just wished i brought my camera!

ase2dais
09-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Well bring it the next time, maybe your golf clubs too :)

... the e90post guys proceeded to the driving range for a night of golf-clinic after Kings Street Blues.

vagabond
09-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Hmmm, not sure that golf invite was passed on to the E30/36/46 contingent:) That's OK, though, as my broken in half putter is in the Fairfax County landfill after my last outing at Brambleton... Stupid game- I'll stick to Autocross!

Thanks for putting on a great event!