PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

Zchild
05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
:icon_blah Hey there bimmer dreamers and gearheads, I purchased a new part that goes under the windshield wipers and up against the windshield. I tried to take the original one off but after I removed the bolts that hold down the wipers I couldn't get the wipers to come off. There seems to be some sort of washer that needs some sort of special tool in order to remove it. I could really use some advise as too how to get the freakin windshield wipers off so i can remove and replace part. Thanks in advance.
:icon_poke

AG
05-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Before you take off your windshield wipers, you should make a mark that allows you to put them back on with the same alignment. That being said, once you remove the bolt, press down on the hinge of the wiper. You might have to do this a couple of times while working the base of the wiper arm free.

Zchild
05-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Before you take off your windshield wipers, you should make a mark that allows you to put them back on with the same alignment. That being said, once you remove the bolt, press down on the hinge of the wiper. You might have to do this a couple of times while working the base of the wiper arm free.
:icon_blah Thanks AG, I'll be sure to mark the place well that I remove the wiper arm from. Just press down on the wiper arm hinge... it's that simple, I really wanted to be sure that there wasn't something else holding the wiper arm in place. Thanks again, I'll try again after work tomorrow. Happy Motoring...
:icon_poke