PDA

View Full Version : Rearview Mirror

Biggins
03-03-2007, 08:45 PM
I cleaned my car today for the first time since ~September and when I was wiping the 1/2" layer of dust off my windshield I bumped the rearview mirror and it flew off. I went to Advance Auto for the rearview adhesive and that didn't work, so does anyone have any other ideas for me? I feel like double-sided tape would never hold that much weight. Should I just try the adhesive again tomorrow when it's hopefully warmer? :mad:

I also put the summer tires back on today, so plan for snow this week.

odortiz
03-04-2007, 09:00 AM
i've used the part store mirror kits in 3 or more cars. if you follow the directions word-for-word printed on the package, it should work. i've even had one outlast the windshield.
the first time i ever used one, the mirror fell off within seconds. it was because i didn't follow the directions literally.
good luck.

Biggins
03-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I didn't follow them exactly the first couple times, plus it was supposed to be installed when the temps are 50-75F. It's FREEZING again out here in western MD.

I turned on the defroster and used my sister's hairdryer to heat up the windshield before I tried it again today... that worked and it's back to normal now.

AlfaEric
03-07-2007, 12:42 PM
I also put the summer tires back on today, so plan for snow this week.
Thanks. :mad:

---Eric

Scotty
03-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Glad you fixed your mirror. Now put the winter tires back on. :biggrin:

Biggins
03-08-2007, 10:26 PM
I kind of wished I still had my snow tires on yesterday...

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5333/snowcrossbu9.jpg