PDA

View Full Version : CDV Valve Delete

bavarian19
01-22-2007, 09:18 AM
I am about to take delivery of my second BMW. The car is an E92 328 coupe, and I have just sold my E90 325. I love driving stick, and really enjoyed it on my E90, but I had contemplating replacing the CDV with a modified one.

I am wondering if anyone here has had experience with either the CDV delete, or installing a modified CDV on their BMW. If there is someone who wouldnt mind helping me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am pretty decent with tools, but this is just one thing that I might be a little over my head on. I post regularly on E90post.com, and have done a few DIY's for that board.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA

Nick325xiT 5spd
01-22-2007, 09:35 AM
I haven't done it on an E90, but it was pretty easy on my old 325xiT. The hard part with that car was that the driveshaft for the front wheels ran right below the CDV. Wrenching with about an inch to move the wrench is tedious.

bavarian19
03-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Long story short, I now have an E92 328, but would like to do install a modified CDV.

Is there anyone that could possibly help me with the install? Im pretty handy with tools, but I am not 100% comfortable with doing it myself...

mlytle
03-07-2007, 07:41 PM
have you ever replaced a brake line? that is basically what a cdv delete is. unscrew clutch flex line from clutch slave cyl, take off cdv, screw clutch hose back onto slave cyl, bleed air out of clutch slave, done.

jdunger
03-20-2007, 08:08 AM
I did this change on my 1997 528i right after I bought it; it is well worth while. I got a modified (drilled out) CDV from Dave Zeckhausen as an exchange. The change itself is easy on this car and bleeding the clutch cylinder is similar to bleeding your brakes.

John