PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Mazda Drivers @ VIR

1996 328ti
11-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Mazda Drivers have posted their VIR dates.
VIR Grand Course, June 16-17, 2007
VIR Full Course, September 1-2, 2007

http://www.mazdadrivers.com
You do not need to be in the mazda club to register.

Real M3
11-24-2006, 09:03 AM
It's interesting to see that they have dropped their early spring session at VIR.

jkuper
11-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Mazda Drivers have posted their VIR dates.
VIR Grand Course, June 16-17, 2007
VIR Full Course, September 1-2, 2007

http://www.mazdadrivers.com
You do not need to be in the mazda club to register.

Hmm, do I want to do the Grand East again?

woodym3
11-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Hmm, do I want to do the Grand East again?
Come on Jason! It's my favorite track. Where else can you get 30-some turns in just over 4 miles? I'm very disappointed the Tarheel chapter has chosen not to use the Grand East next year. I've heard all the arguments - additional expense, too few laps per session, too many turns for a novice to learn, some sections too slow for the racer-types, etc. Compared to the 3.27-mile full course, the Grand East gives up a few seconds of the back straight for 10 additional turns (more than the entire Summit Point main track).

SharkD
11-24-2006, 12:22 PM
It's interesting to see that they have dropped their early spring session at VIR.

I wonder if there's more competition for 2007 weekend dates than usual.

1996 328ti
11-24-2006, 01:39 PM
It's interesting to see that they have dropped their early spring session at VIR.Could also be a tentative schedule.

jkuper
11-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Come on Jason! It's my favorite track. Where else can you get 30-some turns in just over 4 miles? I'm very disappointed the Tarheel chapter has chosen not to use the Grand East next year. I've heard all the arguments - additional expense, too few laps per session, too many turns for a novice to learn, some sections too slow for the racer-types, etc. Compared to the 3.27-mile full course, the Grand East gives up a few seconds of the back straight for 10 additional turns (more than the entire Summit Point main track).

Well, assuming there's a BMW/Audi/MB joint event before, I'll prolly stay for the weekend ;)

1996 328ti
11-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Well, assuming there's a BMW/Audi/MB joint event before, I'll prolly stay for the weekend ;)Raf said there would be a Thursday-Friday school. I believe Audi might be taking the lead on this one. I'm in. Just have to find a quiet room at the lodge. :biggrin:

FT
11-28-2006, 12:57 AM
I am going to attend this one again, it was very well organized this year and enjoyed it :)

Real M3
11-28-2006, 08:06 AM

Woody hits it on the head, for my car the additional turns are a wonderful playground! So Woody, will the "Fugly" Coupe be your stead at the school this year?

joenationwide
11-28-2006, 10:45 PM

ooh. im sold on the grand east course. i finally did VIR full, and that was awesome. but i'd like to see more turns. i want to prepare for nurburgring. i hope i didn't miss my chance to run grand east.

Dirichlet
11-29-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm def going to do this one - and if there's a two day before it, I'll do that too...
haha - I love getting pumped for a weekend that's almost a year away :D

Gray Ghost
12-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Hi everone. I'm a new member on your forum. I plan to attend all the Mazda Driver events in 2007 - they do an excellent job! I hope to participate in your Summit Point event in March.

I usually participate in the HPDE events with NASA and may have seen a few of you guys on the track, e.g., VIR, Summit Point and BeaveRun. The last couple of events have been in a aqua '93 Celica GT. Mike

1996 328ti
12-30-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm def going to do this one - and if there's a two day before it, I'll do that too...
haha - I love getting pumped for a weekend that's almost a year away :DIt's a sickness. :biggrin:

I hope to participate in your Summit Point event in March.Our events have been filling up early.
Priority goes to NCC members first.
You can use the this convenient link (https://www.bmwcca.org/members/AM/Template.cfm?Section=On_Line_Join&Template=/bmwcca/custompages/join/joinsection.cfm&ref_id=146825) to join.

SharkD
01-03-2007, 06:40 PM

Apparently VIR raised their early season rates by a significant percentage. (IIRC, I read it on NASAforums.)