PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wiper Motor

GStiles
06-27-2006, 04:27 PM
In the midst of this lovely Seattle-like weather, I just discovered my passenger side windshield wiper no longer operates. :mad:

Before I place an order for a new motor, might their be other things I should look at? I'm guessing its not a fuse since the driver's side motor still works. I've seen no other indications that there were problems until earlier today when it just wouldn't work. My car is a '95 525 (E34) with about 86.5K.

Thanks for any advice.

George

bmwcs3
06-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Your car only has one wiper motor, so there are 2 possibilities. Easy one is that the nut that holds the wiper arm and blade to the wiper drive mechanism is loose (or missing).

If that is tight, then the problem is in the wiper drive mechanism, most likely one of the links in the wiper drive mechanism has come undone. I'm not specifically familiar with E34s, but I think you probalby have to remove some covers to get at the wiper mechanism.

Bill Riblett

GStiles
07-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Your car only has one wiper motor, so there are 2 possibilities. Easy one is that the nut that holds the wiper arm and blade to the wiper drive mechanism is loose (or missing).

If that is tight, then the problem is in the wiper drive mechanism, most likely one of the links in the wiper drive mechanism has come undone. I'm not specifically familiar with E34s, but I think you probalby have to remove some covers to get at the wiper mechanism.

Bill Riblett

Thanks Bill. I finally got around to checking things out and the problem was a loose nut (not me :biggrin:) on the wiper arm. If only all issues were so easily fixed.

bmwcs3
07-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Wish it happened more often...