PDA

View Full Version : NCC Sept Driving School

1996 328ti
05-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Preregistration begins July 17.
You can have the form filled out and saved.
Just will not be able to submit it.
These gives us time between schools to make changes and hopefully improve the system.

Starting with this school we will be using standard colors.
Your choices are on the form. Imola Red will be known as Red.
Dakar Yellow will be Yellow and so forth.
This makes it easier for corner workers and those who need to find your car find it.

SharkD
05-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Starting with this school we will be using standard colors.
Your choices are on the form. Imola Red will be known as Red.
Dakar Yellow will be Yellow and so forth.
This makes it easier for corner workers and those who need to find your car find it.

Where does 'Sans Clearcoat Delphin Metallic' (BMW color code 666) fit in? Will you provide a color wheel so that I can easily choose a complimentary color of racers' tape?

1996 328ti
05-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Where does 'Sans Clearcoat Delphin Metallic' (BMW color code 666) fit in? Will you provide a color wheel so that I can easily choose a complimentary color of racers' tape?Isn't Delphin, Gray?

1996 328ti
07-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Preregistration is open.
Do not mail in your registration before July 31.

Jim Binford
07-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Steve - my firewalls still blocking replies for pre-registration so need to talk again - cheers Jim
202-781-4033

1996 328ti
07-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Steve - my firewalls still blocking replies for pre-registration so need to talk again - cheers JimAre you all set?

1996 328ti
07-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Registration opens July 31.
Admission is based on our admission policy.
All registrations received the same day are sorted by a computer generated random number.

Dirichlet
07-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Registration is in the mail :)
Def looking forward to this event (my first on S. Main)

~Colin

TMB_540i
07-31-2006, 11:26 PM
All my registration materials hit the post office at 7:30AM this morning. Can you tell I am looking forward to playing on Main?

datak9
08-01-2006, 05:40 AM
Registration is in the mail as well. Very first time at Summit. Can't wait.

ChosenGSR
08-01-2006, 07:55 AM
I just mailed mine as well :)

SharkD
08-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Mailed mine yesterday -- first NCC event for the new paint job. :D

1996 328ti
08-06-2006, 08:02 AM
Those in the Instructor Academy must get their registrations in the mail with a postmark no later than August 12.
There will be NO EXCEPTIONS. Colin?? Colin??

Those who mailed them early, why??
It is based on the postmark date.

How do I know I have been accepted?
For this school, if you registered during the first day there is a very good chance you will be accepted. You should be notified three weeks before the school. Please do not email Doug or myself until then.

Refund policy

If you cancel three weeks or more before the school, you will receive a refund less a $25.00 cancellation fee. If you cancel between three weeks and seven days before the school, you will receive a refund only if your place is filled by a student from the waitlist. If you cancel within seven days or fail to show up at the track, you will forfeit your fee. If you are due a refund, credit for a later school can be taken instead.

Dirichlet
08-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Those in the Instructor Academy must get their registrations in the mail with a postmark no later than August 12.
There will be NO EXCEPTIONS. Colin?? Colin??

huh???
is this me Colin, or another Colin?

1996 328ti
08-07-2006, 12:29 PM
huh???
is this me Colin, or another Colin?
Another. ;)

1996 328ti
08-08-2006, 06:00 PM
NEWS: Saturday night dinner will be provided by Paul @<hidden> Radial Tires.
Plus a certificate for a free set of Toyo tires.
You must be present to win.

ChosenGSR
08-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Any word on registration counts at this point? A buddy just mailed his stuff out today hoping to get in.

1996 328ti
08-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Any word on registration counts at this point? A buddy just mailed his stuff out today hoping to get in.
Today? Doubtful.
I think 63 registered on opening day, 91 where registered by last Wednesday, including the 4 who sent them in early.
I don't have the numbers yet. We really won't know how many are accepted. There is a good chance that everyone who had their registration postmarked 8/31 will be accepted.

Typically each run group has 20 cars. Three run groups.
That's 60 but we can handle more depending how many instructors we have. How many more I don't know. Nobody likes traffic so even if we had 40 instructors, we don't load up the track with students. Unfortunately the first person on the waitlist may not agree.

Now a few people will cancel between now and a week before the school.
Doug will let everyone know where they stand.

ChosenGSR
08-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Ok, thanks for the update Steven.

Scott///M
08-10-2006, 08:47 AM
How do I know I have been accepted?
For this school, if you registered during the first day there is a very good chance you will be accepted. You should be notified three weeks before the school. Please do not email Doug or myself until then.

3 weeks before :eek: I'm going to be driving a race preped car 6 hours to this event. If I'm not going to be in... I'd like to know so I can make other plans.

My form was post marked on August 1. Should I make other plans?

1996 328ti
08-10-2006, 12:10 PM
My form was post marked on August 1. Should I make other plans?It's hard to tell at this point. Once registration closes the registrar has 2 weeks to get everything together to forward to the Chief Instructor. The CI will then assign students to instructors. That puts us at about 3 weeks before the school. It could be sooner than that, but please remember, everyone have day jobs and family.

Since you are in a race car, you do have equal restraints for the right seat? Meaning a racing seat with EQUAL harnesses.

Are you also a NCC chapter member? You can belong to multiple chapters.
Our admissions policy give priority to NCC members, then CCA members outside of our chapter. So theoretically an NCC member whose registration form is postmarked the last day will have a priority over someone outside our chapter who registers the first. Most chapters have a similar policy.

Our registrar will let people know where the stand as soon as he can. But that process will not begin for a couple weeks.

Scott///M
08-10-2006, 12:41 PM
It's hard to tell at this point. Once registration closes the registrar has 2 weeks to get everything together to forward to the Chief Instructor. The CI will then assign students to instructors. That puts us at about 3 weeks before the school. It could be sooner than that, but please remember, everyone have day jobs and family.

Since you are in a race car, you do have equal restraints for the right seat? Meaning a racing seat with EQUAL harnesses.

Are you also a NCC chapter member? You can belong to multiple chapters.
Our admissions policy give priority to NCC members, then CCA members outside of our chapter. So theoretically an NCC member whose registration form is postmarked the last day will have a priority over someone outside our chapter who registers the first. Most chapters have a similar policy.

Our registrar will let people know where the stand as soon as he can. But that process will not begin for a couple weeks.

I understand.

I do have equal restraints. I'm a Tarheel and Peachtree BMW CCA member and it's standard with most folks who run HPDE's to require equal restraints. I make sure my passengers are as safe and comfortable as I am. I figure it's the least I can do for someone who puts his/her life in my hands.

I am not registered as a NCC chapter member... yet.

Thanks for the info. Hope to be running with you guys in September

1996 328ti
08-10-2006, 12:51 PM
I understand.

I do have equal restraints. I'm a Tarheel and Peachtree BMW CCA member and it's standard with most folks who run HPDE's to require equal restraints. I make sure my passengers are as safe and comfortable as I am. I figure it's the least I can do for someone who puts his/her life in my hands.

I am not registered as a NCC chapter member... yet.

Thanks for the info. Hope to be running with you guys in September
I have heard of a Miata showing up at a driving school with one seat.
Not everyone show up with equal restraints.

All that being said, you might be pretty far back on the list since you are not an NCC member. It really is too late at this point to become a dual member. Out of the 91 or so who registered over the 1st 3 days, I don't know how many are NCC members. Send Doug an email to find out how many NCC members are ahead of you. This will give you more time to make a decision.

SharkD
08-11-2006, 12:27 AM
That reminds me, I have to put the passenger seat back in the car... :icon_doh:

Scotty
08-11-2006, 04:03 PM
That reminds me, I have to put the passenger seat back in the car... :icon_doh:

I wish my to-do list looked like that.

motor mounts
trans mounts
steering rack
alignment
brake rotors, pads, and fluid
shifter
tachometer
cooling hoses
V belts
a few wiring repairs
then the two seats!:icon_nerv But that's all another topic...

SharkD
08-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Well, my list isn't as long, but... Paint cage (done)
Swap Wedge Engineering bracket for VAC mounts
Fix odometer gears (done)
Fix Tach/Fuel/Water gauge weirdness (I think it's the SI board, I've got a new one coming)
Fix radio 12v switch short (found that problem, today -- thank's P.O. for hacking the radio wiring -- I use that lead for aux gauge power)
L & R Tie Rods
Brake Pads
Relocate cool suit mount
Reinstall driver & passenger seats
Reinstall passenger side mirror lens (lost it in VIR T5 during qualifying)
Mount 4 tires
Weld tire rack to trailer

datak9
08-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Shark, the vid in your sig is making me go find a mint 6 series ASAP!!!

tq2k
08-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Can't wait for this event... Just hoping (with fingers crossed) that I be accepted although I'm not an NCC member...

tq2k
08-15-2006, 05:39 PM
You can belong to multiple chapters.

Will definitely go for dual membership since NCC seems to have a Driver's Schedule that's more in-line with mine in terms of attending track events...

1996 328ti
08-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Will definitely go for dual membership since NCC seems to have a Driver's Schedule that's more in-line with mine in terms of attending track events...It just so happened that we did not have any schools during the summer. It doesn't always work out that way.

Timothy Sullivan
08-15-2006, 08:26 PM
When do we find out if we have been accepted to the Sept 23-24 school. I had my check and prereg in the mail July 31.

Timothy Sullivan
08-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Never mind I did not see a previous post. Three weeks is the answer. Sorry

1996 328ti
08-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Now that registration is over the registrar has a week or two to get all the envelopes opened and entered. He will forward the information to the chief instructor who has a week to match instructors to students.
No later than 3 weeks before the school.
We do not accept students before having our instructors all lined up.
We also don't accept students expecting that they will be signed off.

tq2k
08-15-2006, 09:34 PM
It just so happened that we did not have any schools during the summer. It doesn't always work out that way.
Fair enough, it's at least good to know as well that the NCC has lots of great activities for members...

1996 328ti
08-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Fair enough, it's at least good to know as well that the NCC has lots of great activities for members...
We try. We'd have more if people volunteered. :biggrin:
BTW- Acceptance emails should be going out Labor Day weekend.

1996 328ti
09-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Driving school acceptance and waitlist emails have been sent.
Please respond to Doug's email when you receive it.

odortiz
09-06-2006, 08:28 PM
got mine and my dad's. we'll be there.

Dirichlet
09-14-2006, 08:23 AM
BUMP!!

Anybody else gettin' really fired up about next weekend?

... I know I am :D

Scotty
09-14-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm excited, but distracted. The car is still on stands and in pieces in the garage. This had better be a productive weekend....

TMB_540i
09-14-2006, 09:32 PM
BUMP!!

Anybody else gettin' really fired up about next weekend?

... I know I am :D

I have a few things to do this weekend - install Carbotech race pads front and rear, swap the front tires and install an M5 front sway bar. Can't wait for next weekend!

Scotty
09-15-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm not going to be able to get my car inspected until next week. I see Dan Martin's shop is not on the list (http://nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=17,175,0,0,1,0), which is unfortunate because he's not far from where I live. I'm not going to be able to give any of these shops my business at the moment, so I hope they don't mind just doing the inspection.

Do I have any alternatives?

1996 328ti
09-15-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm not going to be able to get my car inspected until next week. I see Dan Martin's shop is not on the list (http://nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=17,175,0,0,1,0), which is unfortunate because he's not far from where I live. I'm not going to be able to give any of these shops my business at the moment, so I hope they don't mind just doing the inspection.

Do I have any alternatives?
The list dates pre-internet days.
You can bring it to Dan.
You can bring it to anyone but best to bring it to someone who knows BMWs.

Scotty
09-15-2006, 01:51 PM
*phew* Thanks!

1996 328ti
09-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Camping
Some people have asked is camping allowed?
Just got off the phone with BSR.
The answer is NO. Sorry.

Scotty
09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Bummer. I was just thinking about bringing the tent. Thanks for checking, though.

I'm officially "jazzed". I took the old E30 out for it's maiden test drive last night. Amazingly, it all held together. The only leak was from the upper radiator hose. Even my "10 cent alignment" worked! (Unfortunately, the headlights don't. Nor did my hack wiring job on the reverse-light switch. But whatever.) Just need to get a professional alignment done, replace the brake fluid and pads, and get it all inspected.

Yippee! :biggrin:

SharkD
09-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Are the instructors on the main circuit tomorrow? I ask because I'd like to drop the car and trailer off in the paddock tomorrow afternoon, rather than parking it in the hotel parking lot. (BTW, anyone know when BSR locks the gates?)

1996 328ti
09-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Are the instructors on the main circuit tomorrow? I ask because I'd like to drop the car and trailer off in the paddock tomorrow afternoon, rather than parking it in the hotel parking lot. (BTW, anyone know when BSR locks the gates?)IA will be using the main track on Friday. You can drop off your car during the day. Gates open at 7:00 am, close at 7:00 pm. Once the main gate is closed you can still exit using the Shenandoah exit. There is an automatic gate there.

Jones
09-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Im looking forward to this school. This will be my first DE with NCC. I just moved to the area this year from North Carolina. I know a few of you guys, like Dan Smith and Jason Kuper but it will be good to meet some of the others too.

Ill be there in a black E30 with a Red Ford F-150. I wont be there until Saturday morning. Feel free to stop by and say hello. Ill have lots of tools and things with me if anyone needs to use anything as well.

Thanks,

Brian

jkuper
09-21-2006, 03:06 PM
IA will be using the main track on Friday. You can drop off your car during the day. Gates open at 7:00 am, close at 7:00 pm. Once the main gate is closed you can still exit using the Shenandoah exit. There is an automatic gate there.

I assume we can jack up the car and change pads and such on Friday?

1996 328ti
09-21-2006, 03:49 PM
I assume we can jack up the car and change pads and such on Friday?
I would say it's fine. Just don't ask for rides. It's a busy day.

jkuper
09-21-2006, 04:04 PM
I would say it's fine. Just don't ask for rides. It's a busy day.

I won't be in the way, probably won't even get there until 3pm.

SharkD
09-22-2006, 01:42 PM
If it's not one thing, it's 12 others...

Spent about 15 hours this week getting the car ready and checking it over -- it's perfect. :icon_cool

Unfortunately, the tow vehicle -- my parents' '96 Ram 2500 -- has succumbed to a terminal case of having a Chrysler-made transmission and wouldn't move (forward or reverse) this morning. :icon_sadb (If my father had listened to me, a month ago, and replaced the TPS, he wouldn't have a truck-shaped paperweight and a $5,000 repair, but that's another rant...)

Hertz, Enterprise, Thrifty and Dollar practically hang-up on you when you mention the phrase "tow package", the local Ford dealer (1 mile from the house) doesn't rent anything stronger than an F-150 (2½ ton), Enterprise Rent-A-Truck only rents their F-250s to commercial outfits with a minimum of $1,000,000 independent liability coverage, and U-Haul wanted $900+ for a broken-down box truck that looked like it hadn't been serviced in 30 years. :icon_no:

Finally, got ahold of a local rental shop that had an F-250 "with a tow package"... :icon_danc :icon_ford

...picked it up, put $65 of unleaded in it and then realized that it didn't have a brake controller (when I plugged-in the trailer). :icon_eek: None of the local trailer shops had the correct controller harness, nor did the dealership, so the truck went back (for a full refund + the cost of the gas). :icon_snif

So.... I have a very well-maintained, freshly waxed car, it's just 300+ miles from the track with no reasonable way to get it there (it's street-legal, but I can't fit all my gear, rain tires & me in the car all at once -- the downside to tracking the 2-door E30s). :icon_ange

And, yes, I've already informed Doug.

To everyone who can make it there this weekend -- have fun, learn a bunch and stay safe. :icon_doh:

Oh, and did I mention that PayPal's credit card processing center is down this morning, so I had to use real money to pay for all of this, rather than my eBay-funded racing budget?!?!? :icon_ravi

1996 328ti
09-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Is it that you don't have street tires to drive it up here?
You can lighten your load with a lot of stuff since people will have jacks and tools. The weather looks to be good through Saturday. Sunday is questionable.

SharkD
09-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Street tires are long gone... all I have are RA-1s (shaved/used, shaved/new and rain/new)... with Sunday looking 50-50 for rain, I need the rain tires, but running them on Saturday, in the dry, isn't an option -- that's how I ruined my last set of new "rain" tires.

Plus 7-8 hours of driving in a car with no A/C, radio or sound insulation would probably drive me crazy. And there's no trunk lock at the moment, so I can't secure everything for parking it overnight at the Hampton Inn. And I'd need to bring fuel jugs -- I've experienced the pre-88 E30 fuel starvation issue this year.

I can live without the $350, what sucks is that I need 2 days on the main track, with the chapter, to fulfil the requirements for IA. (Otherwise, I meet/exceed all the minimums.) Honestly, that's more important to me than the racing.

Katie and I have planned on buying a tow vehicle of our own in January 2007, the funds just aren't available at this moment.

Jones
09-22-2006, 04:54 PM
I tow with an F-150 no problem. Maybe give them a call back and see if they have one for you.

SharkD
09-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Even if they had brake controllers on them (they don't) 1,350lb trailer + 2,500lb car + 300lbs of tools, parts, etc + 90lbs of fuel + 200lbs of me doesn't give me a margin I'm comfortable with.

1996 328ti
09-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Even if they had brake controllers on them (they don't) 1,350lb trailer + 2,500lb car + 300lbs of tools, parts, etc + 90lbs of fuel + 200lbs of me doesn't give me a margin I'm comfortable with.Leave the tools and pickup fuel in town.

Jones
09-22-2006, 08:25 PM
My F-150 )(2004) towing capacity is 9500 lbs. Im not sure what year truck they have but it cant be far off from that. You should be fine but its your call. I was looking forward to you being there to see the car now that its painted and talk Spec E30 with you.

SharkD
09-23-2006, 09:38 AM
My F-150 )(2004) towing capacity is 9500 lbs. Im not sure what year truck they have but it cant be far off from that. You should be fine but its your call. I was looking forward to you being there to see the car now that its painted and talk Spec E30 with you.

They were only renting the regular cab V6 F-150, which the dealer said had a max capacity of 5,000lbs.

I was looking forward to seeing you, a bunch of old friends from the NCC and meeting Scotty (another prospective SpecE30)... If I'd been able to find a brake controller wire harness for the '06 F-250, I'd be there right now (I would have ripped the controller out of the Ram diesel).

woodym3
09-24-2006, 07:13 PM
We missed you Dan. As it turned out rain tires weren't needed either day. It's all water over the dam now, but you could have left the car at the track Friday and Saturday nights and hitched a ride to the hotel. As for no AC or sound deadening??? - you kids. Remember Alex May and Vic Hall drove their SpecE30 on the One Lap several years ago without either comfort feature.

Neil
09-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Yet another terrific, well-organized NCC school.

For first time, I explored cornering limits during the no-brake exercise and had an enjoyable agricultural experience exiting turn 5.

Neil
'99 M Coupe "MDORPHN"

Jones
09-25-2006, 10:19 AM
This weekend was great. It was supposed to be rain all weekend but there was barely a sprinkle from time to time. I had a great time overall and the event was run very smoothly. It was nice to meet some new people and experience another new (to me) track. Except getting a puncture in a brand new RA-1, everything went well.

1996 328ti
09-25-2006, 12:28 PM
For first time, I explored cornering limits during the no-brake exercise and had an enjoyable agricultural experience exiting turn 5.A few took their John Deeres for a little off road excursion.

TMB_540i
09-25-2006, 02:52 PM

For first time, I explored cornering limits during the no-brake exercise and had an enjoyable agricultural experience exiting turn 5.

Neil
'99 M Coupe "MDORPHN"

I concur. What a great school! Sue did a great job keeping us all on schedule. I too had a John Deere moment in Turn 5 with the no-brake exercise and I am still finding grass clippings in some interesting places.:wink:

SharkD
09-25-2006, 04:57 PM
We missed you Dan. As it turned out rain tires weren't needed either day. It's all water over the dam now, but you could have left the car at the track Friday and Saturday nights and hitched a ride to the hotel. As for no AC or sound deadening??? - you kids. Remember Alex May and Vic Hall drove their SpecE30 on the One Lap several years ago without either comfort feature.

Yeah, I wish I could have been there, too. The unfunny events of Friday morning left me with a feeling that something very bad was going to happen... so the excuses as to why I didn't get in the race car and drive it up on the practice tires, were just that: excuses.

It turns out that it was a good thing that I didn't go -- PayPal's security division locked-down the Master Card linked to my racing account (because, on Wednesday, I bought 12 gallons of gasoline at the Costco that I normally fill-up at), then they decided to call a phone number that hasn't been mine since February 2002 (mind you, both my current mobile and home numbers are the only numbers listed in my account). Between that, the rental charges (since reversed) and a pending wire transfer on my bank account, I had access to only about $150 from Friday afternoon-onward. So, I wouldn't have been able to pay for the hotel room, food and/or round-trip gas money. (I don't use credit cards, and I didn't plan on bringing the checkbook.)

It took me three hours on the phone on Saturday morning/afternoon to unblock my PayPal card -- they made me sort through every transaction I've made since March and then email them a scan of a utility bill with my current name and address on it, because EquiFax made the random decision that, rather than actually moving to North Carolina, I, instead, moved back to my freshman-year dorm room, on 19th Street, NW. (I spent two hours on the phone with EquiFax this morning.)

That said, I'm glad the rain held-off and that everyone had a fun, constructive weekend. I'll be up at Summit for the October 14-15 races, assuming that Friday the 13th doesn't follow Friday the 22nd's pattern.

I'm not sure if it's applicable to post-1992 models -- but after a bumpy bit of agri-racing at VIR in my E30, the reverse switch leads fell into the path of giubo, causing intermittent grounding problems and blown fuses. If you went off, in addition to checking the suspension, hoses and pulleys, check your transmission wiring (you can probably gently pull it tight through the rubber shifter boot).

Jenson Button
09-25-2006, 06:43 PM

Neil
'99 M Coupe "MDORPHN"

I am sure glad I got to play with MDORPHN before it became a little red Snapper. Thanks again Neil. It was a highlight of my weekend.

OwnedbyDuncan
09-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Sounds like fun. I was 5 minutes down the road off Russell Rd and Rt 7 working set out for a herding trial so my Saturday was agricultural. Some of the sheep were difficult bit I increased my stock knowledge. My legs are bruised from playing with the sheep. Got two runs with my pup in the big field so the trade off was worth it.

Hey Bill Shook and Dave Bryan you think ds students are a PITA you havent had to deal with herding trialers. The sheep were bad and the judge was bad whine whine whine I want a rerun whine whine. The set out folks gave me bad set of sheep unpurpose. I put up with why cant I run in the A group my car is fast and I am fast driver I just spent several thousand dollars on AC Schnitzer stuff for my car. Whine, whine whine.
Or the field is three feet too small. Whine, whine AKC regs require this size. Good your dogs will run on the big field and no one will qualify. They dont more whining.

But just like a ds school you need to have control of both the sheep and your dog.

And trip home is better Eau D Sheep Poop beats the smell of warm brakes and Castrol anyday.

Dave Apker and the collies

1996 328ti
09-25-2006, 08:59 PM
And trip home is better Eau D Sheep Poop beats the smell of warm brakes and Castrol anyday.I was wondering what this had to do with the driving school. :confused:

jkuper
09-26-2006, 09:44 AM
I was wondering what this had to do with the driving school. :confused:

:biggrin:

Dirichlet
09-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Once again, a great school...
A big thanks to Jeff, my instructor. Def had a great time. I need to do this more... I also need to win powerball :p
See you all next year.

gnhovis
09-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks for another great school! As always, very professionally run with great instruction. I'm hoping to see y'all on Jefferson again in November.

Click here (http://www.georgeco.org/?p=42) to see some video from inside the screamin' blue MINI...

Scotty
09-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Wow! Thanks, everyone, for a great time at my first driver school. And for those of you that had to put up with the black E30 325is in group C that reeked of fuel and caused a traffic jam on Sunday when the guibo went: my apologies! I worked my butt off to get this new car of mine ready, but there's more to do. I'll be ready again in November.

And a special thanks to you, Woody. Had a great time, especially in YOUR car!!

Oh, and thanks to Dennis for helping me locate the fuel leak and offering a chunk of two-by-four to hold my battery in place. Appreciate the use of the jack. I'll remember mine next time.

1996 328ti
10-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Suggestion for next year - LESS paint on shirts! PLEASE!It pretty much comes down to who is willing to organize the shirt thing. Next year it could be a Dakar Yellow M3 on the front. ;)

1996 328ti
10-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Suggestion for next year - LESS paint on shirts! PLEASE!I guess it's pretty much up to the person willing to organize the whole thing. We could have a Dakar Yellow M3 next year. ;)

1996 328ti
10-10-2006, 08:04 PM
We have more event t-shirts. They will be available at our Nov school.
If you will not be attending the JC school, please try to stop by or have someone pick you up a shirt.

jkuper
10-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Suggestion for next year - LESS paint on shirts! PLEASE!