PDA

View Full Version : 2006 event T-shirts

1996 328ti
11-11-2005, 08:33 AM
So who wants event t-shirts?
Doug Bonner has proposed t-shirts for 2006.
They would be one style for the entire year.

Here's the problem. Once we purchase t-shirts, they need to be distributed and leftovers stored for the next school. Who is gonna do that?

The tasks can be split amongst several people.
If we have no one to distribute and store them we will not approve them.
Remember, we are a volunteer based club. :)

I looked into cafepress.com to eliminate the storage and distribution problem. I created one shirt and the quality was not there.

SharkD
11-11-2005, 01:21 PM
So the cafepress.com idea didn't fly?

1996 328ti
11-11-2005, 01:24 PM
It's not that it didn't fly.
I was not happy with the quality.
The printing is pressed on and the shirts were thin.
We really need silk screen.

I also made up a NCC BMW CCA coffee mug and the colors are all off.
Not up to my standards. ;)

odortiz
11-12-2005, 09:01 AM
i've got an almost empty attic. how many boxes do we plan on storing if we need to? i hope to go to all the schools in 06 but i don't have the cargo capacity to haul them to the track.

1996 328ti
11-12-2005, 09:35 AM
I have no idea how much space is needed.
The last time we did this all the shirts where drop shipped to the track.
Each student got one for the year.
What we didn't plan on was how to get the extras home.
Most people's cars are full of tires, tools. We are looking to avoid this scenerio this time.
Contact Doug Bonner dgbonner @<hidden> verizon.net

OwnedbyDuncan
11-13-2005, 06:36 PM
As a former drivers school coordinator it was PITA making sure the T shirts were at every school and then hauled away. Tshirts are more trouble than they are worth unless some nice volunteer wants to haul them to schools and back. A Chief of T shirts?

Dave Apker

1996 328ti
11-13-2005, 06:51 PM
As a former drivers school coordinator it was PITA making sure the T shirts were at every school and then hauled away. Tshirts are more trouble than they are worth unless some nice volunteer wants to haul them to schools and back. A Chief of T shirts?And that is why we are looking for a committee of volunteers. ;)
Work split among several people should make it fairly painless.

OwnedbyDuncan
11-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Too many people involved also leads to Oh I thought you were picking them up, bringing them etc. Committees lead to chaos, indecision and FUBARs.

Have to go put an 8 week old Rough Blue Merle Collie puppy to bed

Dave Apker

1996 328ti
11-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Too many people involved also leads to Oh I thought you were picking them up, bringing them etc. Committees lead to chaos, indecision and FUBARs.I'm glad you have such a positive attitude.

OwnedbyDuncan
11-14-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm glad you have such a positive attitude.

Remember I was coordinator. Along with making sure the insurance certificate was at BSR the Thursday before the school, making sure we had enough corner workers etc I had those damn t shirts to worry about.

Making sure the treasurer sent the check to the insurance company was a royal PITA. Usually ended up having copy faxed. Better than getting lynched when there was no certificate. There is a skeleton of a a NCC drivers school coordiantor from the early 80's back in the woods at SUmmit Point who didn't make sure the insurance certificate was there.

I just dont like committees. Remember I work for DOD. Better to have one or at the most two people in charge of t shirts. Isn't it the duty of the Prez or VP to bring the t shirts to a DS sec 10 subsec 15 a of the NCC bylaws?

I would rather be pessimistic and be pleasantly surprised when it turns out okay than expect it turn out okay and it usually doesn't.

BTW have you checked out the pic of my new pup?

Dave Apker

wduvall
11-15-2005, 05:02 PM
My company has used http://www.customink.com and the result was okay. We also used Godfrey & Alexander ( http://www.corporate-gifts.com ) and they worked out very well, nice hanes t-shirts and printing quality but the price was a bit more. Godfrey & Alexander <strike>are</strike> is in Sterling, VA.

Jenson Button
11-30-2005, 09:19 AM
I contributed to the design of the instructor shirts Miriam put out in 2004. I would enjoy coming up with a new design. If a commitee is formed, I would be willing to take part in some way, but I am located north of Baltimore so I don't want to have to attend some meeting in Fairfax over this. Let me know how to contribute.

1996 328ti
11-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Bob,
I believe Doug Bonner is working with Lucy on this.

dougmoney
11-30-2005, 11:28 PM
I know a VERY good screen printer. If anyone has seen the shirts for my car club, eastcoasteuro, you'd know these are really top-notch. If you guys were still interested in getting these done, I'd be happy to forward his information.

dbonner
12-26-2005, 10:52 AM
i've got an almost empty attic. how many boxes do we plan on storing if we need to? i hope to go to all the schools in 06 but i don't have the cargo capacity to haul them to the track.

OD,

Can we keep your almost empty attic from being wasted? We've got at least one volunteer to transport the shirts (Todd) if you can help with the storage in your attic. We're talking about storage of 3-4 large boxes of long sleeve tee shirts (@<hidden> or so). Pick-up can be arranged before each school. Feel free to contact me directly (dgbonner@<hidden>) to discuss details. Thanks, Doug

dbonner
12-26-2005, 11:03 AM
I know a VERY good screen printer. If anyone has seen the shirts for my car club, eastcoasteuro, you'd know these are really top-notch. If you guys were still interested in getting these done, I'd be happy to forward his information.

dougmoney,

Can you send me the details on your screen printer to dgbonner@<hidden>? Thanks, doug "not-in-the-money" bonner

dbonner
01-13-2006, 02:04 PM
If you have a hot shot of your Bimmer on the track (any track shot will do), which you would like to have considered for use on the front of this year's NCC Drivers School T-Shirts, please submit it for consideration by emailing it, in JPG format (no pdfs please, it MUST be in JPG format to be used) to dgbonner@<hidden>, by no later than Friday, January 20, 2006. No autocross or street photos please. The winning submission will be used for the longsleeve T-Shirts at each of the planned 4 NCC Drivers Schools this year.

Thanks in advance for any submissions. Doug

woodym3
01-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Would pictures from VIR be in poor taste?

dbonner
03-24-2006, 07:34 AM
So who wants event t-shirts?
Doug Bonner has proposed t-shirts for 2006.
They would be one style for the entire year.

Here's the problem. Once we purchase t-shirts, they need to be distributed and leftovers stored for the next school. Who is gonna do that?

The tasks can be split amongst several people.
If we have no one to distribute and store them we will not approve them.
Remember, we are a volunteer based club. :)

I looked into cafepress.com to eliminate the storage and distribution problem. I created one shirt and the quality was not there.

ATTENTION: Want your 2006 T-shirts for the April 1-2 School? :wink: The shirts are ready, and a place to store them after the school for the next one, but need someone willing to take them to the School for distribution during the first day (HS School). We have a volunteer to bring shirts the second day for the Drivers School. :) Thanks! Doug

dougmoney
03-24-2006, 08:47 AM
I can talk to my friend BJ Ghassemieh, I'm aware he's going.

2000_328ci
03-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I would be up for a BMW CCA shirt but don't think I am going to the event

wnelms
03-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Can I purchase a shirt without attending this weekend's event? I can stop by the autocross in Bowie. As a growing boy, I will need a XXL.

1996 328ti
03-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Shirts are for driving school participants.

We will work on chapter swag in a few months.

1996 328ti
04-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Thank you Doug <dbonner> for initiating the t-shirts and to Todd <ob325> for transporting the shirts to each event.

If you want something done around here, you gotta do it yourself.
That is what a volunteer based organization is all about.

Everything our chapter does is all because of volunteers.

John in VA
04-03-2006, 12:52 PM
to volunteer to stash the shirts between events, but got jammed up by work/life both days! Thought being only 40 mins away that I might be able to help.
I hope the weather was good for ther drivers!

1996 328ti
04-03-2006, 01:07 PM
I hope the weather was good for ther drivers!Weather worked out really well. Cloudy and windy one Saturday but Sunday was excellent. For an early April school we really lucked out.

SharkD
04-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Steven, I'm a little miffed -- I was at the Jefferson for the HSS and I didn't get a t-shirt.... ;)

1996 328ti
04-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Stephen, I'm a little miffed -- I was at the Jefferson for the HSS and I didn't get a t-shirt.... ;)That is because you missed our drivers' meeting.
And it is Steven. ;)
We'll probably have left overs in November if you are still around.